• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting something expunged?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

ssybert

Hello everyone,

About five years ago I got arrested for illegally transmitting on police frequencies. I had a two-way radio that could easily be setup to do it. I'm sure everyone says "it wasn't me" so I'm not even going to bother. Regardless, I was 18, young and stupid and didn't know how the legal system worked. They TOLD me they had voice analysis of me and were going to prosecute me for it if I didn't plead guily, take a VIOLATION (equivilant to the impact of a speeding ticket) and pay the 250 fine. So I did.

Well this insident has caused me endless headaches in trying to obtain a concealed weapons permit in both my home state and an out of state. I'd like to get this off my record. I'm not a law breaker, I've got clean record, I've got a goof job, love my country and my 2nd amendment rights... I am a member of the NRA, a local gun club and have impecable gun etiqite (sp?).

I called the court in which I was prosecuted and they told me I had to come in to get forms for a hearing to get it expunged.

I've got a couple questions.... Should I contact a lawyer to help me handle this? What are the chances a judge would expunge it and if he does, do I ever have to disclose to anyone (including a firearms licensing bureau) that it ever happened (i.e. "No I was never arrested for anything")?

Thanks everyone... any good lawyers in NH? lol :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">