• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Giving a ride without knowing that a crime was committed prior to asking for a ride.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trojanfan

State- Maine
Someone I know called and asked if I could pick them up and give them a ride. It wasn't until some time later that I found out that they had broken into a home and that's the number that they called me from. I had no idea what they had done when they called and asked for a ride. I thought I was just being nice and giving them a helpful ride. Nothing looked suspicious either because they did not have anything with them that would have made it seem like they robbed a home. It was just them. Is there anything I could possibly be charged with even though I had no idea what they had done, and told authorities everything that happened after being questioned?

Last edited:

CdwJava

If the police get information to indicate that you were part of the theft or somehow covered up the crime or aided the suspect knowing what had happened, it might be possible to charge you. If what you say is true then you should be fine ... provided you cooperate fully.

My question is how did the police even become involved? Did you learn after picking your friends up that they had committed a crime and therefore you felt obligated to snitch on them? How was it that you actually became informed that when you picked your friends up, you became implicated in a house robbery? Did you receive a cut of the funds produced by the robbery? Or did they act as though you were a non-accomplice? Such facts may actually be relevant were they ever to name you as accomplice or as the fall guy...i.e. It was all HIM, NOT ME, HE'S THE ONE WHO ROBBED THE HOUSE. He's the real dip-poop. if you know what I mean etc. etc. etc.

trojanfan

This happened about a yr ago or so and I was just informed that all this happened. He was caught for other things and this came up. I didnt know what he did till the investigation started. I was questioned and told them what had happened. I wasnt given anything or had any part in what he did, I had no clue until recently.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">