• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Go to Court OR FB? Alcohol Violation...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mike1027

What is the name of your state? Washington

I was a beer vendor at football games in Seattle. Near the end of a game, the Liquor Control saw me surrounded by customers on the concourse and ran a sting - having an 18-19 year-old male buy a beer. I was overwhelmed with customers, I used poor judgment and did not ID him. I did not receive any written citation or ticket. Eight months later (last week), I had a summons n the mail to appear for an arraignment. I was charged with SUPPLY LIQUOR ON PREMISES TO MINOR. During the arraignment process, I was offered a $250 Bail forfeiture. At the time, I was not sure what this meant and instead pleaded not guilty with the option of paying the BF before the Pre-Trial.

In the rest of my life, I'm a Master's Level Therapist at a Mental Health clinic, working mostly with children and adolescents. How would the BF effect my record? Is there a way to get the BF removed at some point? Would there be a chance to get the case dismissed somehow in court, due to entrapment (cause of the sting) or some other loophole (because I never received a "ticket" at the time)? I'm not sure which direction would be #1. the least expensive and/or #2. have the least harmful repercussions in the future.

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">