• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

going about getting incident reports

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rowncreation

What is the name of your state? CA
How do i go about getting an incident report from the sherriffs dept.? My 14 yr old son called the sherriffs cuz his 25yr old brother crawled through the window to get in. I was not home at the time. When the sherriffs got here they caught the 25yr old going back out the window, when the 14 yr old walked out the door they held a gun to his head and told him to get in the lawn and lie down face first. When he tried to tell them he lived here they told him to shut up. they have never contacted me in regards to this matter, and the only thing i know is what my 14 and 12 yr olds have told me. I have been trying to get an incident report since january 2 when all this happened. They keep telling me it will be ten days unless i subpena the sherriff, but i can not do that without a case #. The DA wont even see me. so how do i get the incident report?

H

hmmbrdzz

I don't know the history behind the 25 yr old (or the household for that matter), but if you think that proper procedure was not followed and/or if you simply want information regarding what happened after the police arrived on the propery, you aren't going to get any until you have exhausted certain steps. If they are telling you that it will be "ten days", then wait ten days and see what happens. If you aren't satisfied after ten days and you think improper procedure was followed, you need to write a "letter of concern" or a "letter of complaint" to that sheriff's department. If you still aren't satisfied with what they tell you after they investigate it, then you can possibly get through to the DA more easily. And if someone in the DA's office still won't talk to you, then write the DA's office a letter regarding the incident. You should at least get a response then from the DA's office. That's the best I can tell you.

hmmbrdzz

R

rowncreation

WRITE THE ATTORNEY GENERAL. That was my solution. "I think" Because I went back to the sherriffs office about and hour or so after writing the attorney general of CA about my rights as a citizen, explained the run around and "wala". I went back to the sherriffs dept. and the frist thing that was said was "see what im doing for you?" She was finding the incident reports, i asked to speak to the sherriff in charged. He apologized and stated when he saw me yesterday he thought it was being done and close to complete. little did he know i was told earlier today it would be another 10 days or more. No matter what i got the results i needed. Whether through the Attorney Gerneral or by word of mouth saying i would write the attorney general or washington dc about the runaround i was given.

H

hmmbrdzz

Well I'm glad you got it. Did every thing turn out OK?

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">