• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grand Larceny, somebody please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Young Son

Hi, this is Young.
I am a student at University of Vermont, and I stole a macbook at a dance studio at UVM when it was empty. Oh god, idk what i was thinkingg, then I left and as I was leaving I saw my classmates and thought maybe it was one of theirs which made me get all queasy. So i tried to sneak back in, howeer by the time I got to the stuido, she was freaking out about her computer, and I panicked and told her that I lost my ipod also, and pretty much pussed out.
I helped her file a police report, with my name and my ipod in it.

And yesterday I was arrested with grand larceny.

I told the cop that I did take the macbook and as I was about to talk more, he stopped me during the middle of interrogation, cause he had to read me my rights. At that moment, I realized, I could be setting myself up, and so i just stopped talking. I never done anything like this before, this is my first offense, first hearing, and I am freaking out. I've been a good person, active in the community, with good credibility and community service and others, and I feel like I just ruined everything.
oh god, what's going to happen to me? I can't have that under my record, I am only two years from being a citizen here. I am so sorry, I just don't know whats going on/ somebody pelase help me.

woodykas

It is a Felony, Up to $1000 Fine &/or Up to 10 Years in Prison.

Forgot about your citizenship, this conviction could subject you to deportation proceedings and possible detention. it is also is CMT.

and hire best of the best immigration AND criminal lawyer in your area to help you ASAP. prepare to spend LOT OF MONEY for this lawyer, 5-10-15K$ and hope for the best.

Last edited:

justalayman

I can't have that under my record
that was a possibility before you stole the computer. Once you stole something, you pretty much said "I don't care about my criminal history" You see, it really was your choice. You made your choice.

Hot Topic

And you put false information on the police report about your supposedly missing ipod.

"Good" people don't do that kind of thing. Even if you get off, your credibility is shot. People will be watching their things around you, and if something disappears, who do you think they'll immediately suspect?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">