• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grand larseny

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vaprak12

Mississippi

This is all about stereo. The stereo was left at my home by a former room mate, it has been there for at least a month. Last Sunday when I woke up it was gone, my room mate now, Ian, could have had any number of people over that don't like the onwer of the equipment, who could have taken it. A detective called me yesterday trying to scare me, he told me the Ian was going to be charged with grand larseny. He was trying to get my to point the finger at Ian on the phone, but I really have no idea who took the stuff. And the detective asked my to come in and fill out a report or something, but I don't want to go down there and give them anything that will help them get Ian for it, cause he didn't do it. I am just trying to stay out of it, because I was asleep when all of this took place. do I have to go fill anything out, I would really just rather stay out of it. Please help =)

C

CombatTN88

vaprak12 said:
Mississippi

This is all about stereo. The stereo was left at my home by a former room mate, it has been there for at least a month. Last Sunday when I woke up it was gone, my room mate now, Ian, could have had any number of people over that don't like the onwer of the equipment, who could have taken it. A detective called me yesterday trying to scare me, he told me the Ian was going to be charged with grand larseny. He was trying to get my to point the finger at Ian on the phone, but I really have no idea who took the stuff. And the detective asked my to come in and fill out a report or something, but I don't want to go down there and give them anything that will help them get Ian for it, cause he didn't do it. I am just trying to stay out of it, because I was asleep when all of this took place. do I have to go fill anything out, I would really just rather stay out of it. Please help =)
Your story doesn't make any sense to me. Are you saying that Ian stole the stereo according to the detective? And that stereo in your house was re-stolen again by one of Ian's friends?

Regards, Combat

T

talianna

The answer is simple. Go ahead and go in and make a statement in writing that you were asleep when the stereo exited your place, and that you don't know who helped it leave.

D

Doubting Thomas

Actually the answer is more simple than that.

NO, you don't have to go "chat" with the police. They are investigating a crime and, frankly, you are probably as much a suspect as Ian or his pals. Keep your lips zipped - you have that right.

Trust me. I'm a criminal defense lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">