• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grand Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

snoopitra01

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was in Florida and I stole several clothing items from Macys. It was in the total amount of $420. I was charged with Grand Theft Felony, though I am not sure why. The amount wasn't near $1,000. I signed all the paperwork given to me hoping that charges wouldn't be pressed, which I know is unlikely. I would like to know what consequences I am looking at. Am I looking at jail time? Am I looking at probation. I have nothing of this nature on my records, though I did have a suspended license about a year ago. Is there any way to enter into a plea bargain. Can you contest the decision of the court? Will this be on my record forever? I was taken to jail but bailed my bond. My court date is very soon, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Isn't there a program that I can do to get this lifted? Thanks for the help and please help if you can.

I can also be emailed at [email protected]

Happy Trails

snoopitra01 said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

I was in Florida and I stole several clothing items from Macys. It was in the total amount of $420. I was charged with Grand Theft Felony, though I am not sure why. The amount wasn't near $1,000. I signed all the paperwork given to me hoping that charges wouldn't be pressed, which I know is unlikely. I would like to know what consequences I am looking at. Am I looking at jail time? Am I looking at probation. I have nothing of this nature on my records, though I did have a suspended license about a year ago. Is there any way to enter into a plea bargain. Can you contest the decision of the court? Will this be on my record forever? I was taken to jail but bailed my bond. My court date is very soon, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Isn't there a program that I can do to get this lifted? Thanks for the help and please help if you can.

I can also be emailed at [email protected]
What is the code on the citation?

Happy Trails

snoopitra01 said:
The only numbers I see are S0538985 and 12099, Is this what you were asking??? Thanks.
No, that's not the code, but go to this site and you should be able to find the right statute that fits your situation.

It's easy to use and will give you an idea of what you are looking at.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0812/SEC015.HTM&Title=->2004->Ch0812->Section%20015#0812.015

If it doesn't come up as a link you'll need to copy and paste in your Yahoo or Google address.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">