• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grand Theft- Round 2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

archer2004

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I used to work at a retail store. I had some marital and financial problems and thought that money was the only way out. I fell into a hole. I started taking money from the store throught the system. I got somewhat out of the hole I was in, but I felt guilty. Some guy from the corporate office was in our store conducting interviews about finding the source of stolen merchendise (which I had nothing to do with- only money). When it was my turn, I crumbled. I just had to get it off of my chest. I told them all about what I had done. Eveything. The man seemed sympathetic with my situation and guided me to a dollar amount of approximately $8,000 that I had stolen. We agreed on this amount and I signed an agreement to pay this money back. He said he would have to go call the General Manager to see what would happen. Next thing I know, a police officer is walking me out in handcuffs. I was charged with an F4 felony of Grand Theft. The case was dismissed before the pre-liminary hearing though. It is now being brought up again in Common Pleas Court. I have the same charges as before. I thought it was over because I had confessed and agreed to pay back the money. I also have never been in any kind of trouble before. Does anyone have any advise. I was assigned a publid defender. I am just afraid that I am going to go to jail. I was in jail for a few days already, and that is not the life I want. I want to turn evrything around and get my life back on track. I am not a bad guy. I just made a mistake. If anyone has some good advice, I would love to hear it. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">