• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

guns and pot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Shirley

last summer, a girl was busted with pot and she turned around and set me and my boyfriend up. she came to our place of business and left, then the cops came with a search warrant for marijuana and paraphanelia. the search turned up less than two ounces of pot, but the cops took all of our guns. the guns were not on the search warrant and are not illegal. We requested them back, but didn't receive them. So now we are going to sue the Sheriff.
I have some questions:
Can they take items not specified on a search warrant, if the are not illegal?
Is informant testimony considered reliable evidence?
If a search warrant is served and drugs are found, wouldn't the person present be arrested?
Can they come back and take our property and add additional charges?

It has been 6 months since the incident and no indictment has been passed, what should we expect?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">