• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A guy has filed a stalking injunction against me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

macabi20

What is the name of your state? utah
A guy has filed with the my local County Sheriffs a stalking injunction against me. This person was the former gym coach of my 2 little girls. He was investigated my DCFS from some things my kids said he did while at his gym. This person also came onto and ultimately had a relationship with my wife. After I found out about this from my wife (she confessed after she found out the statements from our daughters) I contacted him and told him that I know knew what had happened and that he had better not have any contact whatsoever with my family. He said okay. Two days later he called my house, my little girl answered and she gave the phone to my wife. My wife upon hearing who it was immediately gave me the phone. He told me he just wanted to find out if he still had a chance. Well I contacted the police and they called him to tell him to have no further contact with us. I then called his wife and told just her what I knew of the relationship at the time. A few weeks later I called the police telling them I thought I spotted his vehicle outside our house, they ran the plates and it was his vehicle. A few months later he called my house again and tried to speak to my wife. She hung up on him. Police contacted him again telling him to have no further contact. I contacted the city in which he has a business and informed them of my intention to hold a protest. They said that would be fine if I stayed on the sidewalk. I did that. He started calling and bugging my Bishop and telling him all types of lies trying to make me look like the bad person what a terrible person I was and how I was hurting his business. I tried to get a stalking injunction on him from our local police dept. They said that my wife would have to do it and speak with the local womens shelter for help. She has gone through a lot of anxiety and emotional stress. Everyone told us we did not have enough to be able to get one from the Judge so ultimately we stopped pursuing it (bad idea, we should have taken it to the judge). However he continued calling the Bishop of my church and was not getting the sympathy he wanted there so he started calling another church leader and continued telling him the same lies. Then just yesterday I received a business card at my house from a Sheriff that wants me to call to make arrangements to receive paper work for a stalking injunction filed against me.
I have no associations with a lawyer to get a referral. I am not even sure what kind of lawyer to search out. And on top of it all it is just before the Memorial Day weekend. I would appreciate some advice or ideas.
Thank you.What is the name of your state?

xylene

What does your bishop have to say about 'protesting' the man who had an affair with your wife?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">