• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Habitual offender info.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

verp8

What is the name of your state? Iowa
My son has just been arrested and charged with forgery for the second time. ....The first time, the charges were eventually dropped but I'm afraid they'll charge him as a habitual offender. Anyone have any information as far as what kind of sentence he could get.

Some Random Guy

I find it hard to believe that they would charge him with being a habitual offender for a single dismissed charge. Has your son been charged and convicted of any other crimes and were they as an adult or juvenile?

Happy Trails

verp8 said:
What is the name of your state? Iowa
My son has just been arrested and charged with forgery for the second time. ....The first time, the charges were eventually dropped but I'm afraid they'll charge him as a habitual offender. Anyone have any information as far as what kind of sentence he could get.
Forgery is a Class 3 felony.

Punishable up to $25,000 fine and/or 2 to 5 years in pen.

The state seeks an enhanced sentence when there has been a prior conviction. If the charges were dropped, he wasn't convicted of forgery.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">