• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

had car accident, had gun, do have gun permit (expired), have receipt for renewa;

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Regan

What is the name of your state? Indiana.

the roads were covered with ice and snow. my car slid off the road. i called the police, they aske if I had been drinking that evening, the answer was yes. they gave me a breath test at the accident, then told me i was going to the hospital to be checked out, then they transported me to the jail for another breath test. the illegal limit is .08, at the station i tested .07, no charges were filed at that time, i was able to walk out. i also had a gun in the car with me. i have carried a vailid gun permit for ten years. the permit i was carrying was expired, but i showed them the receipt from the police dept. showing i was in the process of renewing my permit. i was not arrested and have no criminal record. the officer told me that both the breath test and gun issue would go to the prosocuters office for review and charges then could be filled. is this true? the indiana law states that if you hae a gun you must have a valid permit. since i have or never have had any criminal charges and proved with a vailid receipt that i was in the process of renewing my gun permit, is it likely the prosocuter will file charges?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">