+ Reply to Thread
    curiousmeddler is offline Junior Member

Are hand job "massage" parlors legal in WA?

What is the name of your state? Wa, CA

I know a girl who works for a "massage parlor" in Seattle that openly gives hand jobs and they have a website showing all the practitioners in bras and panties practically spread eagle. These girls are given minimum massage training are not licenses. The girl I know sticks to hand jobs only but has admitted the other girls give more.

How can this be legal? What is the definition of prostitution? I mean what is the difference between playing for a blow job or a hand job under the disguise of a massage? I mean lap dancers don't perform skin to skin with genitalia?

This is so in the open that there is a website that shows the goods and hints around to what's in store for the customers.

Please tell me if Washington state or federal law considers these places legal and if this is consider prostitution since sexual acts are being performed (skin to skin) in exchange for money.

Thanks.
    rmet4nzkx is offline Senior Member
    Unfortunately there is little difference between litigmate massage and sex for hire, check with your local health department for ordinances.
    racer72 is offline Senior Member
    The employees of those types of places get busted for prostitution so often it does not make the news anymore.
    If you feel my answer is rude, mean, snarky or in anyway not to your liking, I did my job. You don't need to tell me.

No private messages, I do not reply to them.
    rmet4nzkx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by racer72
    The employees of those types of places get busted for prostitution so often it does not make the news anymore.
    Grandpa how would you know
    CdwJava is offline Senior Member
    From what I can read, acts of prostitution (sex acts for money ... and a "hand job" would be a sex act ... unless WA has recently changed the defninitions) are unlawful in massage parlors. Local jurisdictions may license massage parlors as any other business requiring special or conditional use permits and can authorize inspections of the premises for the health and safety of the public.

As Racer said, most everyone knows what really goes on in a massage parlor, and they frequently get raided and shut down. But having a massage done by scantily clad women is not unlawful ... in fact, it might even be a good business move.

- Carl
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM
    outonbail is offline Senior Member
    The girl I know sticks to hand jobs only but has admitted the other girls give more.
    That's what all the girls tell their boyfriends/husbands.

If your the jealous type, it's probably best to just find another girlfriend than dropping a dime on this one. Because when she finds out it was you,,,, all hell will break loose!
    Jack_David is offline Member
    Why do you care what goes on behind closed doors between consenting adults?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_David
    Why do you care what goes on behind closed doors between consenting adults?
    If this is directed at the OP: Probably because this "friend" of his is trying to downplay her involvement in the activity.

If this is directed at some of the rest of us: Because it is illegal.

- Carl
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

curiousmeddler is offline Junior Member

Poster is a girl

I'm a girl and the girl improving her wrist action is just somebody I know. She probably is down playing her level of involvement, but I hope I'm wrong.

What struck me as odd is that there is a website for this business...

pretty much advertising the goods which got me talking with others about whether it is legal or not the kinds of service they provide since I don't run across many whore houses with websites.

So... I asked you guys about what is legal and not legal as it concerns sexual acts and money and what is an illegal sexual act.

But you guys seem more concerned about being able to get massages and not getting busted. I'm not sure what the appeal is of semi attractive women jerking you off for ungodly amounts of money... but maybe that's because I don't have a penis.

Hell... I'm half inclined to legalize prostitution across the board, but as with everything I think there is more to the matter and there are social ramifications. I sincerely hope that the girl I know of doesn't make this a life style choice or a career choice for much longer when she is so much more. But obviously Seattle doesn't care about these ramifications or they would do something about it, but then again I bet that is true for most cities.

I_ve done some research since my initial post and am shocked that _happy ending_ massages are almost socially acceptable albeit illegal.

P.S. I do know the man dating her and he seems to trust that she isn't giving more service than with her hand and that she isn't the same with her clients as she is with him. Either he completely trusts her or doesn't want to know the full details. Either way I kinda respect his attitude although I openly question putting a relationship through that kind of a test. Its just not something I would or could do.
    Last edited by curiousmeddler; 02-20-2006 at 12:19 AM.
    I don't know that anyone is approving of the activity, but like so many other activities that are quasi-legal, there is little that can be done about it on a regular basis.

Dirty book stores offer peep show movies where men often enjoy themselves in public ... adult movie theatres have the same problem - in addition to prostitutes trolling the aisles for clients.

Short of denying business licenses (often without good cause, and thus illegally), there may be little that can be done.

After checking the website you provided I found that while one can infer what they wish, there is no overt solicitation for a sexual act. In fact, they state that money for sexual acts is strictly illegal and they do not engage in that activity. Heck, I've seen more overt sexual innuendo on late night advertisements for 900 numbers!

- Carl
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,