• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harassed2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon.

Regarding harassment: I live in a duplex townhouse style condo. I watch the evening news and walk on my treadmill at my condo as I have for nearly 18 years. My duplex neighbor of the past three years apparently takes offense at these activities even though they profess to “hear nothing”. Loud, ultrasonic type noise that produces ear pain and pressure is emitted when these activities are undertaken, and recently also at around 1:30 and 3:00 a.m. I am sleep deprived, tired, and traumatized by this repeated activity and need legal advice on how to proceed. The local Police cannot help without catching them in the act.

Thank you.

CdwJava

Regarding harassment: I live in a duplex townhouse style condo. I watch the evening news and walk on my treadmill at my condo as I have for nearly 18 years. My duplex neighbor of the past three years apparently takes offense at these activities even though they profess to “hear nothing”. Loud, ultrasonic type noise that produces ear pain and pressure is emitted when these activities are undertaken, and recently also at around 1:30 and 3:00 a.m. I am sleep deprived, tired, and traumatized by this repeated activity and need legal advice on how to proceed. The local Police cannot help without catching them in the act.

Thank you.
So ... you believe that the neighbor is using some device to emit "loud, ultrasonic type noise" to keep you deprived?

If so, he's likely to keep getting away with it. The local police have no way to detect such emissions, and, to be quite honest, they likely do not believe that he is doing anything at all to intentionally keep you awake.

Many things make noise that can be annoying. It could be a heater, air conditioner, refrigerator motor - who knows?

I seriously doubt that he is beaming any subsonic device in your direction. If you believe that is happening, you may have no choice but to find a new apartment to live in because there is no way you will be able to prove it.

davew128

I hear that tin foil wrapped around one's skull can eliminate such controlling emissions from affecting one's mind.

cyjeff

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon.

Thank you.
Wait, so YOU are watching the tube and walking on your treadmill and those activities produce the noise that is keeping you up at night?

Or are you saying that the sonic weapon is leveled at you when you do these things in retaliation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">