• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassed by a Law Enforcement Officer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

Zaffaris

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Florida
My best friends and I are being harassed by a law enforcement officer and we don't know what to do. The officer in question was once the boyfriend of one of my friends. He had abused her during their relationship three times. Each time has been documented by the sheriff's office for which he works. When she broke off with him he began calling our place of work threatning her. We work for a 911 center in a different county so all of this is documented by phone recordings. He also began stalking her and hanging about the homes of people that she had been friends with. Now, she has married and he continues to harasses myself and another of our friends. He uses his job to do this. For example, last night the third friend pulled into the parking lot of a resturant the officer and a co-officer happened to be eating at (she would not have done this had she know he was there). She parked in a space across the street from the resturant. The resturant parking lot was dark so she didn't know the spot she parked in was marked for handicap persons. The officer ran (literally according to everyone in the resturant) out of the door, started screaming at my friend and told her she was in a handicap spot. She replied she did not know this and was about to move her car. He told her that, "She damn well did know it was a handicap spot." He then wrote her a $120 ticket. He has done this to one or another of us several times. When we complain to the sheriff's office they laugh about it and do nothing about this officer. I would appreciate anyone's advice on this matter as it is getting progressively worse as time goes by.

JETX

Sorry, but if your example of ticketing for parking in a handicap spot is an example of harassment, it isn't. The reality is that your friend DID park there knowingly or not and the officer was valid in issuing a ticket in that case.

However, if you do have real examples of harassment (and it sounds like you might), contact the state police (or even local police) to report what may be inappropriate behavious of this deputy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">