• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassing Cell Phone Calls

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rone

What is the name of your state? PA

I am receiving blocked calls on my cell phone (well over 1,000 in last 5 days... stopped totaling them today) from a co-workers wife. She insists that there is something going on between her husband and myself.....talked to her twice and assured her of the opposite....but she is very irrational. She also thinks that I am someone from her husband's past of 15 years ago. She will sit at her phone hitting redial for hours. Last night she hit redial consistently every few seconds from 6 pm unil 3:50 am.
I haven't been able to use my phone because her incoming calls cut me off while attempting to dial and no one is able to get through to me. Her husband is symphathetic but not much help. He has informed me that she has been committed for mental issues in the past. What legal avenues can I take besides changing my telephone number? I use my telephone for alot of business and personal usage and it is out of the question.
Is she breaking any laws without leaving threatening messages?

I have talked to superiors at work and have been informed that if I go the legal route, she may obtain my home address and telephone number.
What can I do to stop this abuse? I know that there are ways to trace home telephone calls and send to officials....is the same true for calls received on cell phones?
Can someone please give me advice? This woman is ruining both my personal and professional life.

Bravo8

Call your local police.

I have investigated similar offenses in the past. The police can obtain a court order or a search warrant and serve it on the cell phone companies to obtain a list of numbers dialed from her phone and a list of numbers that called you cell phone.

She is committing a criminal violation of harassment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">