• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mac35

Pennsylvania;

i just have a question about harassment,
is it illegal to constanly harass a family even though there is a Protection From Abuse order in place?
and is there any way i can sue for damages in this matter? its been going on for two years now and the police are on her side,
im at the end of my rope with this because im male im not getting a fair shake please help me

M

Mac35

thanks

thanks only problem is most stuff on the net i find is for abused women, males dont matter when comes to harassment

H

hmmbrdzz

You're kind of right. I really wish I could give you more info. I did find another site that is specific to men (in PA). It looks like it has some contact sites on their home page. Just keep networking yourself. If you're persistent, you'll find the answer.

http://www.ejfi.org/DV/dv-29.htm

hmmbrdzz

Bravo8

Mac, you don't give nearly enough information.

Who is the plaintiff in the PFA? What is the nature of the harassment?

Often times, what people feel is harassment doesn't fit the legal definition of such. If it does, harassment is illegal regardless of the PFA. Conversely, even if it doesn't fit the definition of harassment, it may still be a violation of the PFA.

M

Mac35

ok il try to be as brief with the explanation as possible,
this girl i had a thing with couldnt get over the fact that it was over so she harassed my wife and children to the point i had to get a PFA order...the very next day she got one on me .. ok and fine with me because i know im not going to violate it...but..
Aug/27 she violated it by yelling to wife and ch9ildren that she was pregnant by me (whitch she is not) so my wife came home and called the police the officer the showed up acted as if he knows her (the accused) so he talked his way around the violation and left.. a week or two later i was driving down the street and we crossed paths she called the police on me and said i yelled bitch at her (for whitch i did not) then a few days later
my oldest daughter was with my sister inlaw at her house and she drove by and yelled F**ing bitch at my sister inlaw and my kid
so inturn she was arrested so we went to court both lawyers decided to drop the cases..so now we come to Nov 21st
my sister inlaw and my daugter are at the mall..she follows my sister inlaw around the stores but doent know my kid is there..so when she notices my kid there with her sh runs to police station and reports it as a PFA violation...the kicker here is that im home and hear it on the police scanner so i call the police station and tell the officer that answers that im home and im not involved...so then she changes it to an harrasment charge on my 15 year old daughter for whitch the police never came to my house to ask her about.so a few days ago i got a $411 dollar fine in the mail
so thats where im at right now

the harrasment is constantly makeing false statements to police

Bravo8

Well, it is certainly harassment. It is also (if your account is accurate) Unsworn Falsification to Authorities and False Reports to LE, both of which are Misdemeanors.

As for the PFA violations on her part, if the police won't file the contempt charge, you can do it yourself. You need to go to the Prothonotary's office at your county courthouse.

Additionally, you can file criminal charges. Many Pa citizens don't realize it, but you can go to the Magistrate's office that has jurisdiction, and file a Private Criminal Complaint. Each county is different and has different rules, but in Monroe County (where I am) you must first report it to the police. If the police don't file charges, but you feel they are still warranted, you fill out the paper work. The DA's office will review it and then approve/disapprove.

If it's approved, she will have to be arraigned and have a preliminary hearing, just as if she were arrested by the police. You will have to be a witness (actually, you would be the affiant) and show up in court.

If you think the officer isn't handling the situation becuase he knows her, I would speak with his supervisor.

M

Mac35

thanks for the info! im in Lackawanna county home of the kangaroo court *L*

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">