• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bfirstbase04

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I just got served papers for harassment from calling a former roommate trying to work things out between the both of us. What would happen if I call her before my preliminary hearing? Would I just get charged with another harassment violation or go to jail?

Happy Trails

bfirstbase04 said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I just got served papers for harassment from calling a former roommate trying to work things out between the both of us. What would happen if I call her before my preliminary hearing? Would I just get charged with another harassment violation or go to jail?
You're kidding right?

What is so important that you have to call her to try to work things out?

What part don't you understand that she doesn't want you harrassing her?

bfirstbase04

It's important to me because we were together and it's not really her that's doing this it's her father. And harassment is the constant calling which isn't something I did. I just want to know what would happen to me if I call her again.

Happy Trails

bfirstbase04 said:
It's important to me because we were together and it's not really her that's doing this it's her father. And harassment is the constant calling which isn't something I did. I just want to know what would happen to me if I call her again.
You've been warned to stop harassing her and you are going to have to answer to that in court. It would look really bad for you to contact her, knowing that you are not suppose to. Do you want the court to think you're a nut case? If she wanted to have contact with you, she knows your number. Keep it up and you may have the police at your door.

If you contact her again, that will be used against you.

How old is she?

Why is the father getting involved?

You need to go here and read § 5504. Harassment and stalking by communication or address:

http://members.aol.com/StatutesP7/18PA5504.html

bfirstbase04

She's 22 years old as am I. Her father is involved because she lives with him. He's not comfortable with the realationship that her and I had together and is trying to stop it at all costs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">