• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harassment 2nd degree-new york

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flipper

I have a temporary order of protection against me. I was to stay away from wife,her home,school,business, place of employment, and stay away(no contact)-I was getting rid of everthing associated with her so i would be a good boy and not get in trouble-was going to drop off the wedding videos at the proch of her current boyfried-Its not her address listed on the complaint form-she was on the porch in front so I drove by. I was arrested on contempt charge of violating the TRO.
Question-is that in violation for driving by boyfriends house-she uses her apartment address when she filed original charge
2nd question-the new complaint-harassment 2nd degree she list her address as that of boyfriend-also on the complaint form on which I was arrested on and brought before the judge-it has the complainant-listed as me and my address instead of her-and the Acuses line as her and not me but signed by her. Is that a legal complaint form?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Simple mistakes on a legal complaint form do not make it void.

As to the boyfriend's house, you can argue via your attorney that you were not in violation. That you didn't know she would be there at the time.

But instead, why didn't you ask a mutual friend to drop off the videos or mail it to her or ask a friend to mail it?

Get it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">