• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this Harassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sammycat

What is the name of your state? NY I am dating a guy whose has a restraining order against his former spouse. His adult daughter has somehow gotten into his email account and forwarded emails between the two of us to the X. The guy I am dating is in the process of trying to sell the marital home so he can split the sale cost with the former spouse, the X is sending him very threatening emails. He has forwarded them to me and in them she says bad things about me. The adult daughter listens in on our phone conversations and screams. The X now has forwarded an email to me that she sent to him and in it she insults me and says I have a personality disorder. The email was unsolicited as I have never had any contact with her, or even know who she is. I met him after he had left her and live almost 2 hrs away. I am feeling very threatened by her and the daughter. Is there anything I can do legally? The daughter has threatened twice to have the father killed and the X was hospitalized for treatment of some sort of mental disorder. I am concerned that they will try to harm me in some way.

Last edited:

jackwabbit703

Similar situation happened between me and my X. It's gotten to a point that my life was threatened. This is exactly what I did to have my X leave me alone. When my X called me and left a threatening message on my phone, I've called local police and file a report. At the same time when police officer was at my house, he called my X and basically told her that if she does it again and does not leave me alone, he'll personally make sure that she'll be arrested by police next time. She broke contact with me and left me alone since then. Try to get some of what they say in recording if possible.

I feel your pain.

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? NY I am dating a guy whose has a restraining order against his former spouse. His adult daughter has somehow gotten into his email account and forwarded emails between the two of us to the X. The guy I am dating is in the process of trying to sell the marital home so he can split the sale cost with the former spouse, the X is sending him very threatening emails. He has forwarded them to me and in them she says bad things about me. The adult daughter listens in on our phone conversations and screams. The X now has forwarded an email to me that she sent to him and in it she insults me and says I have a personality disorder. The email was unsolicited as I have never had any contact with her, or even know who she is. I met him after he had left her and live almost 2 hrs away. I am feeling very threatened by her and the daughter. Is there anything I can do legally? The daughter has threatened twice to have the father killed and the X was hospitalized for treatment of some sort of mental disorder. I am concerned that they will try to harm me in some way.
Take the e-mails to the police and file for a temporary restraining order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">