• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kcs5014

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
I have a guy calling me at weird hours of the night. He knows my name, and apparently met me at some point in my hometown. He calls me all the time from a private number and it's really irritating. I don't want to change my number, that's a pain in the ass. I don't want to continue and ignore it because it's annoying when my cell starts ringing in the middle of the night. Although I ignore the calls, it's irritating knowing that this person knows me and is ****ing with me. I called the phone company and they told me to change my number. Is there any way that the police and or courts can get the phone company to release the number of my anonymous harasser?

FlyingRon

Check with your cell company, there is often a way to flag nuisance calls
even if the caller blocks his number. They won't release it to you, but they will to the police/da. There are some other tricks to getting the blocked number if that doesn't work. Any how, repeated harassing calls is a special statute in PA (Harassment by Communication), a misdemeanor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">