• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this harassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinkletOes26

Georgia

Ok i have had trouble on an internet forum with a certain group of women. They harrassed me called me names and broke into my yahoo account read my yahoo answers questions about my family and openl mocked me for it. Well after reporting and calling the higher ups about this NOTHING got done. So as a result of being harrassed i lashed out and called some people some not so nice names and ended up getting banned. Well on this AVon forum when you are banned you can still read. Well ill go on there to get information about how to do returns and templates and stuff. Well they know a banned person can read so they purposefully post threads about me naming it "did tammy get banned" or "im glad she got banned". I was livid so i got one of the ladies email addys out of her PUBLIC profile and told her off nothing threatening but telling her she petty and needs a life I then blocked her email addy. Well she emails me back and says dont email me again. Well i email her back telling her off and in the last line i tell her not to worry i shall NEVER email her again. This is after months of harrassment on a forum. Everytime id go there id post something to one of my friends and there they are calling me names and trying to provoke me. Now the girl claims im "stalking her" lol. I emailed her twice and in the last one saying i wont email her ever again and i havent and do not intend to. My questions is how is it harrassment when i only emailed her twice and the last email was telling her i wont email her anymore so she doesnt have to worry. I also saved the emails just in case she tries to start something up.Yes i know its immature but the women im dealing with are in their 30-60s im the youngest at 26. Should i get a lawyer?

They are also trying to get me fired from selling avon they are trying to threaten and intimidate me through the forums. Does this count as harrassment as well?

ERAUPIKE

16-5-90 G

A person commits the offense of stalking when he or she follows, places under surveillance, or contacts another person at or about a place or places without the consent of the other person for the purpose of harassing and intimidating the other person. For the purpose of this article, the terms "computer" and "computer network" shall have the same meanings as set out in Code Section 16-9-92; the term "contact" shall mean any communication including without being limited to communication in person, by telephone, by mail, by broadcast, by computer, by computer network, or by any other electronic device; and the place or places that contact by telephone, mail, broadcast, computer, computer network, or any other electronic device is deemed to occur shall be the place or places where such communication is received. For the purpose of this article, the term "place or places" shall include any public or private property occupied by the victim other than the residence of the defendant. For the purposes of this article, the term "harassing and intimidating" means a knowing and willful course of conduct directed at a specific person which causes emotional distress by placing such person in reasonable fear for such person's safety or the safety of a member of his or her immediate family, by establishing a pattern of harassing and intimidating behavior, and which serves no legitimate purpose. This Code section shall not be construed to require that an overt threat of death or bodily injury has been made.
A person commits the offense of stalking when such person, in violation of a bond to keep the peace posted pursuant to Code Section 17-6-110, standing order issued under Code Section 19-1-1, temporary restraining order, temporary protective order, permanent restraining order, permanent protective order, preliminary injunction, or permanent injunction or condition of pretrial release, condition of probation, or condition of parole in effect prohibiting the harassment or intimidation of another person, broadcasts or publishes, including electronic publication, the picture, name, address, or phone number of a person for whose benefit the bond, order, or condition was made and without such person's consent in such a manner that causes other persons to harass or intimidate such person and the person making the broadcast or publication knew or had reason to believe that such broadcast or publication would cause such person to be harassed or intimidated by others.

You may have a case that goes both ways here. Your petty actions and theirs could both be considered harassment in your state. You want to forward this statute to the forum administrators and request they stop these individuals from harassing you on their forum.

Antigone*

The forum administrators seemed to have taken appropriate actions by banning the OP. The OP couldn't leave well enough alone and contacted this person just to pick a fight.

If anyone is guilty of continuing the alleged harassment it is the OP. The OP might just be needing the services of an attorney to defend herself.

You know we can certainly be catty. Guys have a disagreement, maybe throw a punch or two and then go have a beer together. When we women have a disagreement all hell breaks loose. We don't forgive, and we sure as heck don't forgive,

You really need to find a new group to associate with.

Country Living

You're an Avon associate posting on an Avon forum. Look in your handbook and read the Avon Code of Business Conduct and Ethics. You should lose your ability to sell Avon based on your behavior. Did it ever cross your mind Avon has a moderator on the board who has the right to not only ban you; but, to also notify management of your inappropriate behavior?

This doesn't dismiss their behavior - Avon should be handling that separately if it is as you say. I suspect you're putting a spin on their actions to deflect from your immature behavior.

TwinkletOes26

Country living you can go on the forum and look for your self. I dont blacm you for not believing me i dont believe the immature behavior the other did myself. I would be happy to show it to you BUT you can only log in if you are an avon associate. I contacted corporate several times and it was CONFIRMED what i said about the harassment on the forums was true. I was banned for calling someone a cow after being called a moron. I assure you that i am not twisting anything to make myself look good. Was i an angel not by a long shot but im not a villian as you wish to portray. Isnt this suppose to be legal advice not insult people based on bias? hmmmmmmmmm.:confused: . You try being harassed for months on end just bc you voiced an opinon about a policy such as returns or on bubble bath. I have read my avon contract and theres nothing in it that says i can be terminated bc I emailed another resp ESPECIALLY since i was emailed a nasty letter being called low life black trash and that rep was not removed shes posting RIGHT NOW. So if im gonna be terminated for NON threatening emails then she should as well. Now if you dont have any legal advice for me i am asking you to please kindly leave me alone. I have had enough with nasty banter back and forth if i wanted that i would have stayed on the Avon forums.

Antigone*

Country living you can go on the forum and look for your self. I dont blacm you for not believing me i dont believe the immature behavior the other did myself. I would be happy to show it to you BUT you can only log in if you are an avon associate. I contacted corporate several times and it was CONFIRMED what i said about the harassment on the forums was true. I was banned for calling someone a cow after being called a moron. I assure you that i am not twisting anything to make myself look good. Was i an angel not by a long shot but im not a villian as you wish to portray. Isnt this suppose to be legal advice not insult people based on bias? hmmmmmmmmm.:confused: . You try being harassed for months on end just bc you voiced an opinon about a policy such as returns or on bubble bath. I have read my avon contract and theres nothing in it that says i can be terminated bc I emailed another resp ESPECIALLY since i was emailed a nasty letter being called low life black trash and that rep was not removed shes posting RIGHT NOW. So if im gonna be terminated for NON threatening emails then she should as well. Now if you dont have any legal advice for me i am asking you to please kindly leave me alone. I have had enough with nasty banter back and forth if i wanted that i would have stayed on the Avon forums.
Hold on a second. Country didn' insult you. She was on point. We are sorry you didn't like what you heard from us. We gave you advice, now we are done.

TwinkletOes26

Yes it was insulting bc she acussed me of twisting things to cover my rear. Which i have not done. I have copied and pasted the emails and sent them to you last night if i recall correctly. I did not threaten her and told her i wouldnt email her again and i havent. Not one did i say my actions were immature but they are aresult of being harassed for months on end by this girl along with others. To make the assumption that i am twisting things IS insulting and bias. Its not a matter of not liking the advice that i have gotten. You gave me advice and i didnt say you insulted me wire.

If i had said in the orginal post that "in followed her to her house and egged it" then that would be different or if i had said i told her to watch out. Neither of which i did. From what i gathered from YOUR advice wire is that we BOTH have a case. Your advice was unbias....im guessing the reason you are here speaking for country is because you two are friends(from what i see on countrylivings PUBLIC profile).

Quite frankly i am glad you are done giving me advice bc i would rather have some from UNBIASED people who wont accuse me of "twisting" things around.

TwinkletOes26

I posted that portion as an example of the harassment i recieved from the board and by the way its ONE board an i am apart of three others and have no issues on those. Just this particular one. I said i recieved an email from one of the women that stated that i was "low life black trash" it was an example of the the kind of insults i recieved. Nothing more nothing less.

How is me saying that you acussing me of covering my rear end irrational? You did you said i "twisted things" . I didnt have an issue with anyones advice expect yours. The reason being is you said i "twisted" things when i did not. I want to know why you felt THAT was important to say?

I never said i was right in my actions neither were they all i wanted to know is if i have a case and if she does. I didnt ask you for your opinon on who was right to get banned. I just want clear cut legal advice nothing more nothing less.

cyjeff

I thought Avon ladies were nice?

Anyway... OP, you have a problem.

As Country said, you can and should be terminated for your behavior. You not only got banned from the company forum but then started an email flame war... stupid.

You can be fired for these actions because, quite simply, there is no law PREVENTING your termination for these actions.

Don't bother sending me anything, by the way. I have no desire to see what got you banned and/or on the hook for a stalking charge.

TwinkletOes26

ANYWAY for anyone wishing to give me advice actually based on the topic at hand...can i get in trouble for harassment based on these two emails :

Micha contrary to what you may think I actually have no ill will at all towards you. I dont hold grudges either so I really hope you and yours have a MOOOOOOOOOOOOOvalous New Year

and this one :

Youre angry with me because i called you a wrinkled up old cow. Micha this was after MONTHS of you calling me "It" and telling me to leave because everyone hates me and no one liked me ect ect ect. So me calling you a shrivled up old cow was tame compared to the "sword" you and your buddies have said.

That forum seems to be full of a group of women who cannot STAND to have anyone that doesnt fit into what they deem as acceptable. Which means you have to shut up and cow down to them and never challenge anything they say. I have never done that crap in the past and i refuse to do that now. That is why i left because i wanted to go somewhere that was full of sane people. Where you could critisize an Avon rule or talk about something being too expensive basically voicing an opinion without getting harped all over and being told you hate Avon or youre just being "negative". You and your friends are some of the most childish petty women ive ever seen. I swear the youravon boards are like middleschool and your crew thinks that they are the popular girls.What i see is a bunch of sad miserable women. If you werent you wouldnt have spent so much time being nasty and ugly to me and anyone else that thinks differently than you. The first day I ever had a conversation with you i was nice and you said "why dont you just get out of here" wowwwwww really micha and this was the FIRST time i had ever talked to you.

If you and your crew actually took the time to get to know me you might find that im not so horrible,but no youre too busy looking down your noses at me for whatever reason. Yes i am unemployed but i wont always be,yes i live at home(which a lot of the people in my class are in the same situation as me i suppose they are lazy mooches too all i think the class size was 2,000-2,500 something like that)but i wont always. These things that you and your little buddies try to thrown back in my face wont always be. In fact this time next yr i will most likely have fixed all of these issues. My question is where will you and your crew be? Still on the forum acting like queen bees and pestering some other poor person who dares to challenge the avon hierarchy? So have fun in your avon kingdom. I hope it makes you happy.

Dont worry this is the last email I will ever send you have fun fowarding it to whomever bc im sure you will that seems to be the Avon cliques MO.I have said all i need to say.

I really do hope you have a happy and prosperous new year micha its too bad we couldnt have been friends

Best wishes

and i havent emailed her since then. Would harassment mean i emailed her SEVERAL times with threats and such?

TwinkletOes26

There arent any charges these are what if questions. Its not a "conmpany forum" its an avon rep forum. Technically we are not avon employee (at least thats what they say as to why we get no health care ect ect ect) the only people that are avon "employees" are district managers. So unless i sell avon on ebay (thats violating the REP contract) or dont pay avon on time then and ONLY then can my contract be null and void. There is no code of ethics that applies to REPS just DISTRICT MANAGERS. I highly doubt i will be fired for such as this Avon likes money too much. They dont fire reps that sell on ebay and thats in DIRECT violation of contract.

Im asking about a case between me and her.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
can i get in trouble for harassment based on these two emails

Okay, I'll play your game.

Yes. You can get in trouble for harassment based on those two e-mails.

I hope that now the answer is clear to you.

cyjeff

ANYWAY for anyone wishing to give me advice actually based on the topic at hand...can i get in trouble for harassment based on these two emails :
Why yes, I said, you can be terminated and the above referenced stalking law seems to be talking about your actions.

How many times do you need to hear that before you believe it?

Micha

contrary to what you may think I actually have no ill will at all towards you. I dont hold grudges either so I really hope you and yours have a MOOOOOOOOOOOOOvalous New Year

and this one :

Youre angry with me because i called you a wrinkled up old cow. Micha this was after MONTHS of you calling me "It" and telling me to leave because everyone hates me and no one liked me ect ect ect. So me calling you a shrivled up old cow was tame compared to the "sword" you and your buddies have said.

That forum seems to be full of a group of women who cannot STAND to have anyone that doesnt fit into what they deem as acceptable. Which means you have to shut up and cow down to them and never challenge anything they say. I have never done that crap in the past and i refuse to do that now. That is why i left because i wanted to go somewhere that was full of sane people. Where you could critisize an Avon rule or talk about something being too expensive basically voicing an opinion without getting harped all over and being told you hate Avon or youre just being "negative". You and your friends are some of the most childish petty women ive ever seen. I swear the youravon boards are like middleschool and your crew thinks that they are the popular girls.What i see is a bunch of sad miserable women. If you werent you wouldnt have spent so much time being nasty and ugly to me and anyone else that thinks differently than you. The first day I ever had a conversation with you i was nice and you said "why dont you just get out of here" wowwwwww really micha and this was the FIRST time i had ever talked to you.

If you and your crew actually took the time to get to know me you might find that im not so horrible,but no youre too busy looking down your noses at me for whatever reason. Yes i am unemployed but i wont always be,yes i live at home(which a lot of the people in my class are in the same situation as me i suppose they are lazy mooches too all i think the class size was 2,000-2,500 something like that)but i wont always. These things that you and your little buddies try to thrown back in my face wont always be. In fact this time next yr i will most likely have fixed all of these issues. My question is where will you and your crew be? Still on the forum acting like queen bees and pestering some other poor person who dares to challenge the avon hierarchy? So have fun in your avon kingdom. I hope it makes you happy.

Dont worry this is the last email I will ever send you have fun fowarding it to whomever bc im sure you will that seems to be the Avon cliques MO.I have said all i need to say.

I really do hope you have a happy and prosperous new year micha its too bad we couldnt have been friends

Best wishes

and i havent emailed her since then. Would harassment mean i emailed her SEVERAL times with threats and such?
so I guess my whole "don't bother giving me the emails" thing sailed right past you, huh?

The fact that, after being banned, you thought the smartest thing to do was to start a email flame war was very poorly thought out.

Congrats... you gave the people you don't like written proof of your intentions and ill will.

Hmmmmm... should make the process faster, anyway.

Antigone*

I may not be smart according to you but i am smart enough to know that your answer is rude and violates the rules on THIS forum so i am gonna be smart enough to ignore and report you have a lovely day dear
Okay OP, it seems like this thread's objective has been reached. None of the members has been rude to you. None of the members has said anything that violates our TOS.

Please don't send me any more messages via email or messenger. I will not answer them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">