• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

almostsm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

The person lives out of state and continually calls my home (looking for someone who is temporarily living with me). He feels if he calls enough and bothers my family enough that one of us will "make" this person talk to him. He has been told several times to not call my home. I have called the police and filed two reports so far, both times officers have talked to him on the phone- the second time he was calling every 1-2 minutes, so the officer was actually here and answered my phone. Both officers have told him to stop calling my phone, my cell phone, and my mother in law's phone.

On a side note, not sure if this could be relevant: The person living with me is his wife who he tried to strangle to death three months ago. Police officers witnessed most of the crime and criminal felony charges were made by the state. She fled that state to come live with me here in WI. Charges were eventually dismissed because "prosecution witnesses (THE COPS)" failed to appear at the preliminary hearing. This man has harassed her to the point where she's already changed her cell phone number twice.

There is much more, but put simple, he's obsessed.

Aside from filing numerous police reports, what more can I do? Should I file for a restraining order? We are not prepared to change all of our telephone numbers at this time.

Thank you in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">