• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dgras70

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pa

Was called by police, being accused by two young females of harassment and stalking. These girls asked for advice in gym, which was given by myself and another gentleman, on an exercise. It was a 3 minute conversation about 5 ft. apart, that's it. My son and i then left the gym, and were in car talking and listening to ballgame. These girls came out maybe 20 minutes later, i said hi because they were parked beside us, and went back to talking to my son. These girls, pulled behind my car for about a minute, then left. My son and I left about 10 minutes later. I dropped him off and went home. An hour later cops called saying i harassed girls in gym, tried to talk to them in parking lot, AND the kicker, followed them home. I know people in this town are schizophrenic, but, do i have the right to ask for copy of complaint? Police don't have my address. I'm only here for summer.

Last edited by a moderator:

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pa

Was called by police, being accused by two young females of harassment and stalking. These girls asked for advice in gym, which was given by myself and another gentleman, on an exercise. It was a 3 minute conversation about 5 ft. apart, that's it. My son and i then left the gym, and were in car talking and listening to ballgame. These girls came out maybe 20 minutes later, i said hi because they were parked beside us, and went back to talking to my son. These girls, pulled behind my car for about a minute, then left. My son and I left about 10 minutes later. I dropped him off and went home. An hour later cops called saying i harassed girls in gym, tried to talk to them in parking lot, AND the kicker, followed them home. I know people in this town are schizophrenic, but, do i have the right to ask for copy of complaint? Police don't have my address. I'm only here for summer.
First, here is a link to the law that you have been accused of violating: https://www.bucknell.edu/Documents/PublicSafety/2709. Harassment.pdf

You can always ask the police agency for a copy of the complaint but they do not have to provide you with a copy. Ongoing law enforcement investigatory material is exempt from disclosure and, especially for a complaint like harassment and stalking, the police will not want to disclose the personal identifying information of the females who reported you.

If you are charged with harassment and/or stalking, you will have the opportunity to learn what was said in the complaint and who did the complaining. But I think this is a big "if."

Based on what you have said here, a charge seems unlikely.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">