• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment across state lines.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

confused1986

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin
I have a friend that is being harassed. Her husband had an affair with a woman in Utah while at work and now this woman won't leave either of them alone. She is claiming to be pregnant with his child, even though she has made claims to other people that she can't have kids. She is demanding money from them for her medical bills even though she shows them no proof. Apparently they are not the only people that she has done this to. Their is another couple that she swindled out of money because she said she was pregnant, but unfortunately they paid cash and had no proof once the twins she said she was carrying disappeared and she said, oh no she was never pregnant. I am just curious as what can be done about this woman. I would guess that there are other people she has done this to and i think she needs to be stopped. Has she legally done anything wrong?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin
I have a friend that is being harassed. Her husband had an affair with a woman in Utah while at work and now this woman won't leave either of them alone. She is claiming to be pregnant with his child, even though she has made claims to other people that she can't have kids. She is demanding money from them for her medical bills even though she shows them no proof. Apparently they are not the only people that she has done this to. Their is another couple that she swindled out of money because she said she was pregnant, but unfortunately they paid cash and had no proof once the twins she said she was carrying disappeared and she said, oh no she was never pregnant. I am just curious as what can be done about this woman. I would guess that there are other people she has done this to and i think she needs to be stopped. Has she legally done anything wrong?
This lady will only scam your friends if they allow it. Tell them not to take her calls, delete her emails, etc. Tell them not to send any money ~ if they do it is a gift to her and no obligated in any way for anything. When (and if) the baby is born and dad finds out, he can petition the court for visitation, support and custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">