• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment case against husbands ex-wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsHoff

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ALABAMA

Last year, year to the day exactly, i had to call the cops on my husbands ex wife for harassment. I didnt actually press charges until October 6, 2008 b/c i was 7 months pregnant and lived an hour away from the court house where i needed to file. She was arrested on 2-14-09 for the charge and trial date is set for 5-5-09 @ 1:30pm. I want to be sure she gets prosecuted to the full extent for what she did. THIS IS WHY: 6 months prior to me calling the cops on her she was arrested for domestic violence but got deffered prosecution. I dont know the exact requirements she had for this but she told my husband she had to take 8 weeks anger management. Everything i have read about deffered prosecution says that the person usually has a probabtion period. If hers was one year then i pressed charges exactly one year after her arrest. oBVIOUSLY her anger management classes did no good since she called me harassing me about child support money that we had already paid her. She called me about 20 times calling me vulgar & offensive names, accusing me of using the money to buy drugs and anything else you can think of. In Alabama the maximum sentence is 3 months jail time or $1500 fine. SHe has no job, no car, lives w/ her parents (you get the idea) and also has custody of her and my husbands child. Im wondering if there is any way to ask for a more harsh punishment since she had a prior arrest and basically got off scott free!
I have the phone records from the night she called me, the bank receipt from where i deposited the money in her account. Now she is talking crap about me on her myspace (immature i know).
SOO i suppose my question is what can i ask for as punishment and what can i use against her in court?? I cant afford to hire another lawyer (we just hired one for his child support case against her literally 3 weeks ago).What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ALABAMA

Last year, year to the day exactly, i had to call the cops on my husbands ex wife for harassment. I didnt actually press charges until October 6, 2008 b/c i was 7 months pregnant and lived an hour away from the court house where i needed to file. She was arrested on 2-14-09 for the charge and trial date is set for 5-5-09 @ 1:30pm. I want to be sure she gets prosecuted to the full extent for what she did. THIS IS WHY: 6 months prior to me calling the cops on her she was arrested for domestic violence but got deffered prosecution. I dont know the exact requirements she had for this but she told my husband she had to take 8 weeks anger management. Everything i have read about deffered prosecution says that the person usually has a probabtion period. If hers was one year then i pressed charges exactly one year after her arrest. oBVIOUSLY her anger management classes did no good since she called me harassing me about child support money that we had already paid her. She called me about 20 times calling me vulgar & offensive names, accusing me of using the money to buy drugs and anything else you can think of. In Alabama the maximum sentence is 3 months jail time or $1500 fine. SHe has no job, no car, lives w/ her parents (you get the idea) and also has custody of her and my husbands child. Im wondering if there is any way to ask for a more harsh punishment since she had a prior arrest and basically got off scott free!
I have the phone records from the night she called me, the bank receipt from where i deposited the money in her account. Now she is talking crap about me on her myspace (immature i know).
SOO i suppose my question is what can i ask for as punishment and what can i use against her in court?? I cant afford to hire another lawyer (we just hired one for his child support case against her literally 3 weeks ago).What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
So...You want to do everything within your power to see the mother of your husbands children placed in jail? Really? And you think the stress and heartbreak this causes the children will be worth the petty satisfaction you will derive??

To avoid issues with this woman in the future you could do the following:

Stop talking to her on the phone

Have your husband put on his big boy panties and deal with HIS children's mother himself

STOP STALKING HER MY-SPACE

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
YOU could also quit paying your husband's child support and distance yourself COMPLETELY from that situation. Your husband should be paying his own child support. Through the state preferably.

Antigone*

Blu & OG come on you girls. You know that she needs to dawn her blue power suit on her court date. She needs to march into that courtroom, right up to the judge, slam her fist down and say "WHERE IS THE FREAKIN JUSTICE! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR-THROW THE DAMNED BOOK AT THE BYATCH!!!

MrsHoff

Im glad all of you think this is a joke and are getting a good laugh out of it. When their daughter was 7 months old she picked up and left him. She told him to not dare think of coming near her house (parents house) to see Madison or her brother would kick his ass. It took over a year for their divorce to be finalized and he never got to see his child. He was paying her child support before he was even ORDERED to by the court. SHe has done everything in her power to keep Madison away from him trying to make him look like the bad guy. THey just finished trial where she took him to court for not being able to pay her the full amount of what shes owed. When the lawyer threatened to hold her in contempt of court for with holding visitation, she threw in the towel and said she wanted no money and would go away. As far as me paying the child support- WERE MARRIED, we have ONE bank account. I was 7 months pregnant and had a 17 month old as well. Obviously i wasnt working. I dont really see the problem with me depositing the money, its still her support from him. Shes not a good mother, she hasnt had a job since before madison was born and shes almost 4 years old. Shes VIOLENT and we want the court to see that. YALL ARE MISSING THE REAL QUESTION!!!! ---- is it possible to ask for a more harsh sentence than 3 months since she has a prior Domestic Violence charge that occured 6 months prior?? Yea, she got deferred prosecution and had to take anger management classes but they OBVIOUSLY did not good since she calls me up for no damn reason. And Im not stalking her myspace thank you very much. We have mutual friends who know the situation and also think its a bit ironic that she would talk **** about someone who has a pending charge against them on a public site.

CourtClerk

This is yet another case of the new woman thinks she can be a better parent.

Luckily, sentencing isn't up to you. In fact, the case isn't yours at all. It's the people of the state of Alabama vs. this woman. You have no say in the direction of the case... at all.

However, you sound like quite a peach.

MrsHoff

Im not trying to be the BETTER mother

My husband has no visitation to his child. Visitation and Child Support payments were suspended due to the mothers lack of cooperation as well as economic circumstances. Im not saying i can be a better mother than her, but if a child is being raised by a parent who has anger and violence issues it needs to be addressed. Even if she were to be arrested, she lives with her parents so the child would not be placed in another home. She has had time to grow up and act like an adult and like a mother. She continues to not do so. If she is going to be raising a child she needs to learn to control her actions and anger issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">