• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment by Communication

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

redzone

I live in PA and I'm trying to file charges against my husband's ex-girlfriend for harassment by communication. I have 4 successful phone traces back to her number. The Police Officer tells me he doesn't think she'll be charged with anything because she alleges that my husband is driving by her house, calling her, etc. We have proof of the vehicles he was driving and places he was, but the Officer isn't interested in our information. My questions are...
1) Can she bring up any of these allegations? This is my case against her, the only reason my husband is involved is because it's his ex-girlfriend.
2) Can she still be fined if she isn't charged?
3) How can I get her to leave us alone, permanently?

calatty

Get a restraining order to keep her away from you. The police reasonably do not want to get involved in your husband's women troubles.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">