• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment & hate crime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

laurenfrom609

What is the name of your state (NJ)?

There's a girl who I went to high school with that I let live with me last year because she claimed to be going through a really bad time because of her drug-abusing ex. I let her stay with me for about a month, when she abused my home by causing damage to walls, doors, floors with hair dye. She denied it, and I also found vomit on my floor from her so I kicked her out as I had a 4 month old baby at that time and I didn't want my son around that environment.

Since then, this girl [who apparently is racist] has keyed **** symbols on my car, causing $1200 of damage all because of her claims that I'm "Jewish" even though I am not. She also stole my $300 ipod out of my car and bragged about it. Lucky for me I have proof. She never showed up to court, and then fled from NJ to PA where she has continued to threaten me.

I have print screened every threat, all involving some form of me being "jewish" and then proceeds to make fun of me for my life and calling me a bad mother. She even called DYFS [child protective services] on me stating that I do drugs and neglect & abuse my son. When this came back unfounded, and I passed my drug test, I was infuriated. I have the printed out pages of her stating she was going to call DYFS on me ONE DAY before they came to my home.

I filed criminal complaints for harassment and threats as a few weeks before she openly stated with my full name that I'm "gonna get it good, and I'll shut up for good"

Now she's got a lawyer, for what reason I don't know. But since then, she still is calling me names online and bragging about her lawyer.

I'm waiting for my court date but she is disrupting my life and even posting pictures of her in NJ [when she has a warrant] shooting a gun as a scare tactic.

What can I look forward to without having a lawyer? I have all of my proof printed out.

CdwJava

If she is going to court as part of a criminal complaint against her, you only have to look forward to being called to the stand as a witness. Her attorney will probably cross examine you to try and make you out to be either unreliable, or at least as culpable as the other party.

If this is a civil suit or a restraining order hearing, then you will have to show by a preponderance of the evidence that you have a reasonable fear for your safety as a result of this person's actions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">