• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment Law Clarification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bposton

Georgia - Is there a law that really prohibits my speach against a females parents? I wanted to send them a letter with a statement regarding possessional items, ex-girlfriend and getting back possessions as usually happens. I'm not being hostile or any other sort of matter. Is it still stalking/harassment if it's attentions are only directly to her parents? Even through email or us postal mail? Is there some kind of restriction as to what I can say; so that I can stear clear of those things?

bposton

continued...

sorry, but it may be important to know of my felony probation in 04/2006 ending in 04/2009. Sorry i should have mentioned that.

BL

Is there something missing ?

Did the parents say no contact ?

Is there a restraining order ?

What kind of possessions , and what is their worth ?

If there is any worth , you might be wise to consult an Attorney in your area for a bout 50 bucks , and have him write a letter on your behalf .

bposton

Thanks for the response!

They threatened with a restraining order which is nonsense, if you ask me. I had sent the letter already, but she went into her mothers email and erased it. A 22 year old acting like a child. I had no one formally tell me no contact, or no attempted communication, but when I was calling in front of her house; they called the police on me (we live in the same neighborhood). I'm only worried about the felony probation because of it somehow violating it. Additionally the encounter with the police last night was incorrectly done. Discrimination, calling me "you stalkers", and thorough use of intimidation, and as I smiled they told me not to smile, but I couldn't help it. I'm an optimist, and I just want to end everything correctly and smoothly. I wish a formal apology could be acceptable, but if it's only the material objects, ok then. Even if I can't get the stuff, oh well it's just stuff. I just know the affects of holding in a grudge and anger, and I would like a peaceful resolution to all of this. Thank you, and I hope I explained everything more clearly.

BL

I don't think it's childish at all .

Adult(s) told you no contact .

It means just that . Period .

While the police were there , why didn't you ask them if they would mind seeing if they would help return your belongings and be done with it ?

No , you had to laugh at the police .

Now you can either forget it about it all together , or do as I suggested .

bposton

You must misunderstand me

There was no "laughing". Perception is the key to reality; so please make sure you read correctly before you accuse. The reason I did not ask then because they where threatening me at the time, and now looking back at it; I realize about the incorrect procedures, but this makes no difference. This country breads insecurity, irrationality, and ignorance; why is sending a letter not backed up by "freedom of speech", and obviously we are losing our individual freedoms. I'm sure if it was the other way around that she would not be treated. Thanks for the advice, and make sure you read what is said and not what you perceive and assume it to be.

BL

There was no "laughing". Perception is the key to reality; so please make sure you read correctly before you accuse. The reason I did not ask then because they where threatening me at the time, and now looking back at it; I realize about the incorrect procedures, but this makes no difference. This country breads insecurity, irrationality, and ignorance; why is sending a letter not backed up by "freedom of speech", and obviously we are losing our individual freedoms. I'm sure if it was the other way around that she would not be treated. Thanks for the advice, and make sure you read what is said and not what you perceive and assume it to be.

as I smiled they told me not to smile, but I couldn't help it.
You were laughing , just not out loud .

You do not understand the law . When someone says do not contact me (us) in anyway and you do it's harassment , and if you keep repeatedly trying to or contacting them , it's stalking .

Good laws we have to protect ourselves from those that can't take no for an answer .

VeronicaLodge

you were standing outside the house calling to her at night? you think this was a good idea?

what is your original felony for?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">