• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment or Racism?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lfschm

I am in search of answers. I am not sure if you will be able to help me or put me in the right direction.

My fiancé has a charge of unlawful sex with a minor in San Diego, CA. He was charged in 1997 and was not ordered to sign as a sex offender per judgement.

But since he is living in the State of Illinois he is required. The problem we are having is this, he has been living in my home since 10/1999 and we live across the street from the school. The police department at that time said there was no problem with him living there since he was already living there.
The police department has had no problems with him at all.

Until 2/27/2002, the Chief of Police called us at home and told us he had something to talk to us about. He arrived with a 30 day notice that he had to be out of the home. This notice was given to him less than 12 hours before he was leaving to work on a barge for 28 days.

We live together with our daughter, 19 months, my 2 girls 15 & 9 and his son 10. He has completed sex offense therapy with the Human Support Services and Department of Child and Family Services are satisfied with that. The Superintendent of the School has no problems with him. We do not understand that it was okay for almost 2 1/2 years and now it is not. :confused:

I have been told by a prosecuting attorney from Attorney General, Jim Ryan's office that we have an argument due to the length of time spent in the home. What can you help us with. I have searched and searched for answers.

Other officials tell me that what they are doing is wrong. I made a complaint last summer about people putting torches and wearing sheets in my yard and nothing was done about it, even though it was a Federal Hate Crime. :mad:

My family and other friends feel that someone is trying everything to have him removed from my home and the town. I have contacted a mediator with Human Support Services and she states that it seems that they are harassing us. My fiancé is black and Puerto Rican and we live in an all white community.

All we want to do is live our lives happily and together. :smile:

Please help us with this matter. I understand what the law says, but what about what was and now they change the rules. I thought that you could not go backwards with laws. That laws went forward in time. Again, please help us.

R

rentertoo

One is the police cheif the owner of the home?

Is this a real eviction notice? for all of you or just him?

Because it gets a little tricky.......

If you have NO lease (month to month) then there is absolutly NOTHING you can do.....

Its not discrimination or racial nothing, its just the landlord has a right to evict you for any reason ot NO REASON in 30 days

If you have a lease, then the landlord MUST evict you in court, PERIOD!!!!!!!

Now if you OWN your home, then look at it this way a black person moves into a white neighborhood, and guess what it NOT Bill Cosby....nah its a sex offender.......

Do you see what trouble you caused by getting involved with this person?

Last edited:
L

lfschm

I own my home. It is the village giving the notice, because someone complained. There was no problem before. The police department had not a problem with him. He is a very nice person and loving and caring man. Sometimes things just happen. I understand the problem of his sex offense. I once was a young girl who liked to have sex, but I did not play games with men's lives. I was an adult about things. I did not use my body to gain anything. Some girls do and when they do not get what they want "They Scream Rape".

I am looking for help not critism. I love him very much and so do my kids and our daughter. He trys very hard to make a life. And the law and unhappy people make it hard for people to change their lives. Once one always one, is a coward's way out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">