• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment and Threats

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shedotcom

State: Nebraska

A year and a half ago, a boy at school started harassing my oldest son. He then burned him in one of his classes, and tried numerous times to set up gang fights to ambush my son.

I moved my oldest son from that school, because they (this boy and several of his friends) jumped him in the bathroom after school and beat him up pretty bad, to the point of unconsciousness.

At the beginning of the year this year, my younger son saw this boy take drugs out of his pocket and show someone else, my son turned him in, and this kid was expelled for a semester. Now he is back and the nightmare has just gotten worse.

This boy runs around with several thugs. Two weeks ago, he and three other cars chased my sons all over town, two nights in a row. Then set up a gang fight for after school. I called the school to have them retain my son, and reported all of this to the police.

Last night, this kid and 5 others were circling our entrance to our property waiting for my son to get off work, then when they got caught by my younger son and his friend, they went to my older sons work and backed in next to his pickup and turned their lights off and waited. My younger son and his friend saw this and went in and reported it to my older son and his manager.

We have spoken to the parents of this boy ( who is the ring leader ) and get no where. Also, the police told me that there is nothing that they can do until something physical happens. This is so frustrating. My kids have to constantly look behind them. And life was so peaceful when this kid was not in school. Now that he is back, every day is like living in a nightmare. He never runs alone and employs the help of several of his buddys to harass and intimidate my boys.

The police are no help as well as the school. Can I video tape this kid in the act and legally use it to show that he is harassing my kids and threatening them?

Last edited:

shedotcom said:
Can I video tape this kid in the act and legally use it to show that he is harassing my kids and threatening them?
You had better. Nothing will suffice like the unadulterated, indesputable facts.

Better yet, turn-about is fair play.

Your sons have friends don't they? A "gang" of sorts, of their very own, you might say. Just used in a different way. Arm all of these friends with video cameras and create a staggering amount of video footage being captured from multiple different angles.

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

(QUOTE)I moved my oldest son from that school, because they (this boy and several of his friends) jumped him in the bathroom after school and beat him up pretty bad, to the point of unconsciousness. (QUOTE)

This doesn't sound right. Your saying the school did nothing after such a severe beating? Did you report this to the police? Surely your son was taken to the hospital.
(QUOTE)Last night, this kid and 5 others were circling our entrance to our property waiting for my son to get off work, then when they got caught by my younger son and his friend, they went to my older sons work and backed in next to his pickup and turned their lights off and waited. My younger son and his friend saw this and went in and reported it to my older son and his manager.(QUOTE). That whole statement made no sense.

shedotcom

Yes there was action taken.

--PARIDISE-- said:
(QUOTE)I moved my oldest son from that school, because they (this boy and several of his friends) jumped him in the bathroom after school and beat him up pretty bad, to the point of unconsciousness. (QUOTE)

This doesn't sound right. Your saying the school did nothing after such a severe beating? Did you report this to the police? Surely your son was taken to the hospital.

The school suspended both boys, my son and the other boy for the incodent. And yes there was a police report taken and also pictures of the marks on him from the wall that they slammed him into. The other kid cliaimed sole responsibility for the incodent and it went on his record.

(QUOTE)Last night, this kid and 5 others were circling our entrance to our property waiting for my son to get off work, then when they got caught by my younger son and his friend, they went to my older sons work and backed in next to his pickup and turned their lights off and waited. My younger son and his friend saw this and went in and reported it to my older son and his manager.(QUOTE). That whole statement made no sense.
Most everything that is happening is happening in vehicles. This boy ( the one that is harassing and threatening my boys ) was driving around the entrance of our property waiting to jump my oldest son when he drove home from work. So when my younger son and his friend drove out and caught them, they moved to my older sons work place to wait for him to get off work. My younger son and his friend knew something was going to happen, so they went to my older sons work place to check on his well being and discovered that the kids had backed their car in next to my sons pickup and shut off their lights and were sitting there waiting for him to get off work. My son was about 5 minutes from clocking out. These boys drive by our property and yell stuff, but that isn't the worst of it. They have chased them around town, three and four cars at a time, and tried to block them in and pull them out of the vehicles.

This boy is on probation for the drugs, and even after I reported these chasing incodents and the fight set ups to them, he is still free to harass my kids. I don't know what to do. I could file a protection order against the one kid ( since I know his full name ) but the others would just do the dirty work for him. My kids don't even know any of these other kids that are helping the one kid chase my kids. So I don't have names to file reports on them.

Shay-Pari'e

What happened when your son was found unconscience in the bathroom of the school? Surely you have a hospital report. Surely the police were called.

shedotcom

Florid-aise said:
You had better. Nothing will suffice like the unadulterated, indesputable facts.

Better yet, turn-about is fair play.

Your sons have friends don't they? A "gang" of sorts, of their very own, you might say. Just used in a different way. Arm all of these friends with video cameras and create a staggering amount of video footage being captured from multiple different angles.
We are trying to deter this type of Gang behavior. My boys are "pretty good" kids, typical teenagers. I just really want to know if the video would help on any type of court order against this kid and the rest of them. This kid knows that my youngest son is the one that turned him in for the drugs, so there is the motive behind all of this insanity. And if this kid can't get to my youngest, he turns his attention on my older son.

I instructed my boys to get license plates from now on, so that we can track who it is. At least I could get names, and probably parents names. This has been going on for a year and a half, and it is disrupting our lives. I just can't believe that one kid can have so much power! And that you are actually helpless unless someone is injured. Unreal!

rmet4nzkx

Why are you avoiding answering the questions. There is more to this than you are telling us.
WHat kind of trouble have your sons been in and why don't they call the police rather that taking matters into their own hands?

shedotcom

--PARIDISE-- said:
What happened when your son was found unconscience in the bathroom of the school? Surely you have a hospital report. Surely the police were called.
The school suspended both boys, my son and the other boy for the incodent. And yes there was a police report taken and also pictures of the marks on him from the wall that they slammed him into. The other kid cliaimed sole responsibility for the incodent and it went on his record.

Here is the kicker, we live in a small community and his mom works in the court house.

shedotcom

rmet4nzkx said:
Why are you avoiding answering the questions. There is more to this than you are telling us.
WHat kind of trouble have your sons been in and why don't they call the police rather that taking matters into their own hands?
My sons have never been in trouble! No police or school problems. Thats what is so crazy about this.

Yeah, I know, my youngest had the perfect opportunity to call the police last night when they were parked waiting for my oldest to get off work. But he was worried that my oldest would get jumped before the police got there, so he went inside to warn his brother.

He did call the police last night from his cell phone, but the other kids had already figured out that they were spotted and they squeeled out of the parking lot. The police told my son that since they were gone and that he wasn't in danger that they would not dispatch someone.

rmet4nzkx

Your boys are playing along with this.
They need to call the police first and let the police handle it.
Last night he should have called the police 1st, then called his brother on his cel phone and done as instructed by the police, that is what the police are trying to say. Getting license plates is good but not at the expense of not calling the police.
Get a restraining order.

Shay-Pari'e

rmet4nzkx said:
Last night he should have called the police 1st, then called his brother on his cel phone and done as instructed by the police, that is what the police are trying to say. Getting license plates is good but not at the expense of not calling the police.
Get a restraining order.

I'm not going to fish anymore answers out of her. If her son was beaten to unconscienceness, then she is not telling the truth.

Last edited:

shedotcom

rmet4nzkx said:
Get a restraining order.
I would love to, but the police told me that I would need the names of the other kids for it to be effective. That is the problem. My kids don't know any of the other kids that are helping this boy. Yet they engage in the chases and they are with him when the harassment occurs.

I spent two hours at the police station last week talking with two officers. The one officer said that a restraining order would do no good without the rest of the partys being served as well.

No one has answered my question: Can I legally record this kid driving by our house and chasing my son in his car? These kids are bold and chase him right to our driveway.

shedotcom

--PARIDISE-- said:
I'm not going to fish anymore answeres out of her. If her son was beaten to unconscienceness, then she is not telling the truth.
So now I am a Liar? The whole incodent was recorded by the police! And the conseqences were issued by the school and the police department. At my sons school, there is an SRO officer on staff there. He took the report.

I have been to the police on my own to report what is going on.

This boy is on probation, and still engages in threatening and harassing my boys.

I have answered all of your questions what else do you want? I won't say that my boys are bad boys, because they are not! They have never been in any sort of trouble, nore have I had to pick them up at the police station. I don't know what else you want from me?

shedotcom said:
No one has answered my question:Can I legally record this kid driving by our house and chasing my son in his car? These kids are bold and chase him right to our driveway.
I most certainly did answer that question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">