• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment via e-mail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? California

An unknown creep keeps sending me harassing e-mails and threatening things if I try to stop him. I deleted them at first, but ow I'm getting them sometimes a dozen an hour. I've had 8 since 1am, and it's 1:36am now. I got angry and told him there are laws making what he's doing a crime, and he said that if I tell him which laws, he'll leave me alone.

Can anyone please tell me if any such laws do exist to prevent his behavior, and if so, what the codes would be?

I've search www.leginfo.ca.gov and couldn't find what I was looking for. Thank you.

CdwJava

Love My Husband said:
What is the name of your state? California

An unknown creep keeps sending me harassing e-mails and threatening things if I try to stop him. I deleted them at first, but ow I'm getting them sometimes a dozen an hour. I've had 8 since 1am, and it's 1:36am now. I got angry and told him there are laws making what he's doing a crime, and he said that if I tell him which laws, he'll leave me alone.

Can anyone please tell me if any such laws do exist to prevent his behavior, and if so, what the codes would be?

I've search www.leginfo.ca.gov and couldn't find what I was looking for. Thank you.
PC 653m covers it ... and it could also be considered stalking per PC 646.9 (a felony).

First thing to do is stop responding. Your replies seem to keep him going.

If it continues, call the police and make a report. However, don't be surprised if it doesn't go too far as these can be difficult cases to track down and most agencies don't have the resources or experience to look too deep into harassing e-mails.

- Carl

pojo2

Does you email service not provide for blocking email addresses?

If not then delete upon receiving. UNREAD and for heavens sake UNANSWERED!

Is this someone you know or a perfect stranger than you replied to?

Life is way to short to be worried about email you can delete!

Crazed98

You said:

Love My Husband said:
I've had 8 since 1am, and it's 1:36am now.
But your post was at 2:10

I am guessing you are making this situation out to be more than it really is.
Just block him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">