• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment via USP mail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

macranderme

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana: I am receiving perverted hateful mail via the USPS and it is repeatedly. This mail is calling me a rapist, child molester, homosexual, pedophile etc. There is not once ounce of truth to any of this. No criminal charges etc. This is coming from a former place of employment employee that evidently hated me and cant seem to get past that fact. Is this a violation of any laws?
What can I do about it. There is no return address. But I have saved the letters and not handled them except minimumly. If its a crime can they fingerprint the letters? The past employer has all employees fingerprinted on the day they hire in. Please help!
Mike M

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
This is a federal issue. Contact the United States Postal Inspectors, they are responsible for investigating something like this, which is a violation of federal law.

dave33

In these situations,finding out if a law is being broken can sometimes be confusing. Also in these situations even if there is a minor infraction sometimes it's not so easy to get the d.a. to designate his resources to such an issue. Maybe contact a local detective and ask if he could have a word. If there is no satisfaction tho be had, than file a report and make sure the situation is documented. It may sou8nd a bit immature, but if all else fails than switch the name on the top of the letter and send it right back.goodluck.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
In these situations,finding out if a law is being broken can sometimes be confusing. Also in these situations even if there is a minor infraction sometimes it's not so easy to get the d.a. to designate his resources to such an issue. Maybe contact a local detective and ask if he could have a word. If there is no satisfaction tho be had, than file a report and make sure the situation is documented. It may sou8nd a bit immature, but if all else fails than switch the name on the top of the letter and send it right back.goodluck.
What are you talking about? This is a federal issue. Why would the OP talk to a local detective or DA? And how can the OP send the letters back? To whom? Change what name at the top of the letter? There is no return address.

OP: Contact the United States Postal Inspection Service or speak to the postmaster at your local post office. They can guide you. If they don't happen to deal with this then they will refer you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">