• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment. What Can I do about it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

Yezra

What is the name of your state? MD

IS there any legal action I can take to get someone to stop calling, emailing me?

THere isn't the threat of bodily injury so I wasn't sure if a restraining order was the right approach. WHat do you guys think I should do?

D

DianneInNY

Do you have Caller-ID? If you don't thats the first step I'd take and not answer when their phone number comes up. If they're blocking their # to make it appear "private" or "anonymous", many phone companies have an optional service (normally free) that won't allow any blocked calls through to your number.

As far as email, every ISP I have used has a feature to block specific email addresses or any addresses coming from a specific server. For example, I use hotmail and if [email protected] is bothering me I can set my preferences to block [email protected] or anyone with an @idiot.com address (if this person is using multiple email addresses).

If you think you'd like to give either of these options a try but have further questions or need help setting it up just let me know.

Good Luck.

Y

Yezra

steps taken

Well this is what I have done. Since the situation is of a sexual nature I have informed my boss that any phone calls from him will be considered sexual harassment. I have a meeting with him on saturday where I will tell him once and for all that I want him out of my life. I plan to tape record this conversation in case I need to use it later.

What I need to know is if I can use a tape like that to file harassment charges. Or what i do need to file them. and if he is convicted of harassment whats the sentence?

I have made it abundantly clear that I want to be left alone.

I am taking my parents to the meeting as witnesses. THe meeting will be in a public location in case he gets into "scene" making mode.

Do you think I did the right things? Is there anything else I should do?

His email is blocked and I never answer the phone when he calls.

Thanks guys for your support.

Yezra

M

Mike101

Is this person your boss or did you tell your boss that this person might call?

Y

Yezra

sorry i guess that got confusing.

He works for me. I am a talent agent and my boss won't stop hiring him because he is one of our best guys. So I informed my boss so that she was aware of the situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">