• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassed in Maryland

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bes

I live in Maryland. This case is ongoing. Hypothetically speaking, assume that I had a contract that gave me permission to sell real property upon my retirement. Assume that the board signed the sale of said property 4 years before I retired. Assume that a new board member got personnally upset with me and forced me to retire and then sued me on behalf of the board claiming that I did not have permission to sell said property. Assume also that the board has filed suit claiming embezzlement. The same board also went to the attorney general's office and filed a criminal complaint which resulted in an investigation. The results so far have been that the grand jury was dismissed. There is no evidence of embezzlement. I fully expect to win my upcoming case related to the property based on how the testimony of the plaintives at their deposition. This has resulted in several articles appearing in the newspaper about me. Under what statutes can I sue the board. From their own testimony several charges made in the lawsuit against me are unfounded. I wnat to know if I can countersue for malicious prosecution, abuse of process, slander, libel, emotional distress, etc.
Please help.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You got the exact terminology right. Want to research the specific statutes that apply?

Here ya go.

See a personal injury/civil rights attorney/defamation specialty attorney ASAP!!!!!!!! Don't sit on your rights, otherwise there may be statutes of limitations that run out.

http://mlis.state.md.us/cgi-win/web_statutes.exe

Keep clicking next until you see the specific statutes that apply to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">