• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ckirkwood

Texas - My boyfriend received a fax that was a poem threatening my life from a lawyer who works in an office with another lawyer that he does business with. He has never had a relationship with this woman, but has gone out to lunch with all of the lawyers in this office including her together. They have had some brief conversations. The poem uses my nickname. He has never mentioned my nickname to her. She sent the poem with no cover sheet. When we finally figured out where it came from he asked her why she would do such a thing and she said it was just a joke. She did not sign it or write on it "Hey look at the funny poem I sent you." It talks about killing me and burying me in the back yard. My question is, can this woman be reported to some sort of lawyer's board of ethics or something? We reported the incident to the police and they gave me the number to a homicide detective in case there were any incidences, but said there was nothing else they could do....????? The poem is very sick and talks about digging me up and hiding the body,etc. Please help I think this person is a sicko and we don't know what we can do about it. Cannot believe she is a lawyer......

R

RedneckRoy

If ya locked up all the sickos of the world we wouldn't have no more lawyers......hmmmmm, that could be a good thing. :)

E

Elvis

Kirk:
I don't want to alarm you but your boyfriend is lying. He has more than an aquaintance relationship with psycho lawyer. If you look at your story, you'll that he is telling people about you and your apparently strained relationship.

Have a great day

C

ckirkwood

Not likely as he never introduces me to people by my nickname and so if he did talk about me, she would know my given name and not my nickname. Our relationship is not strained at all. I trust him. I doubt he would have even told me about it, if they had more of a relationship. He could've just thrown the fax away and not mentioned it.....

E

Elvis

Kirk;

You're probably right - I was out of line. However, perhaps he wanted you to see the fax....

It just seems like, this psycho attorney had info that had to have come from your boyfriend - given the fact the poem dealt with you it just seemed like your boyfriend was talkn.

Elvis

C

ckirkwood

Well you never know with men, but I really don't think it went down like that. We think she is somehow connected with my boyfriend's brother's crazy ex-wife who used to work for an attorney. I just wondered if anyone knew if there was an ethics board or something that I could report her to. The poem is way out of line for someone that is an attorney. She should know better and the answers she gave when he asked her why she would do something like that was that she was just sitting around bored and decided to write a poem. My nickname rhymes with his first name and she said she picked that nickname because it rhymed with his. But she also made reference to a past situation that only the crazy ex-wife of his brother and very few other people would know about. I don't know, but I would like to report it to some legal board of ethics or something. If there isn't one, there should be. I have to leave now, but please feel free to comment..I appreciate the comments even if I don't agree. You of course, could be right about him talking about me to her, but the other thing is he is not the type to talk about his relationships to people. I know this because we were friends for many years before we got together and he rarely talks about his exes....I always leave room for doubt however....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">