• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Wiggy Ex

What is the name of your state? GA

I would like to know my options on harrassment?

My husband's ex harrasses him on a daily basis. We have been keeping a log of the number of times she has called our house in Feb and it is already up to 41 times in 27 days. None of these times were an emergency with the child. She always calls just to leave ugly messages or makes up excuses to call about nonsense. She has even left a message threatening our lives and we took it to the police and the detective went to her house and talked to her about it, it slowed her down for about a week but now she's back at it full force. Not only has she called our house 41 times this month, but she calls my husband at work on a daily basis -- she has only missed 3 days total this month of calling him harrassing him at work this month. My husband just hangs up the phone on her when she starts in about stuff, but he listens long enough to see if it is about the child, then he hangs up. We thought about changing our phone number, but since they have a child together, she has to have a contact number in case of emergencies. But the fact that they have a child together doesn't give her the right to harrass us constently. What are our options with the law since they have a child together?

Beth3

You can look into obtaining a restraining order that would prohibit her from contacting you or your husband on any matter other than the child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">