• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Wiggy Ex

What is the name of your state? Georgia

My husband's ex will not stop calling him at work or home daily. They have a child together and he has told her time and time again that the only reason she needs to call is if it is an emergency with the child. She calls him at work on a daily basis for nothing. If he sends her a certified letter telling her not to call him at work or at home except for emergencies, what exactly does it need to say?

Then, what if she doesn't stop calling all the time?
What should be done then?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Wiggy Ex said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

My husband's ex will not stop calling him at work or home daily. They have a child together and he has told her time and time again that the only reason she needs to call is if it is an emergency with the child. She calls him at work on a daily basis for nothing. If he sends her a certified letter telling her not to call him at work or at home except for emergencies, what exactly does it need to say?

Then, what if she doesn't stop calling all the time?
What should be done then?

My response:

Ever heard of a "Restraining Order"?

Have your husband file one.

IAAL

W

Wiggy Ex

Should we go ahead and get a restraining order, or do this first to see if this will stop her? We were told that we would have to go through a lawyer to get a restraining order. Is this true? We have the harrassing calls on tape and have them documented.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">