• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leevan

What is the name of your state? Florida

What is the legal term when a stranger enters your property or comes to knock on your door. What are my rights or what do I tell law enforcement to do with this unwanted stranger

seniorjudge

Q: What is the legal term when a stranger enters your property or comes to knock on your door?

A: If it is without permission, it is trespass. (That is a very general answer; you need to tell us facts and details.)

Q: What are my rights or what do I tell law enforcement to do with this unwanted stranger?

A: Call the cops if you don't want him there.

leevan

Trespass

This is a situation where a person is trying to get even with someone at the residence.

CdwJava

leevan said:
What is the legal term when a stranger enters your property or comes to knock on your door. What are my rights or what do I tell law enforcement to do with this unwanted stranger
Knocking on your door accessable from the public walk is not a crime. Entering your property after being told to leave is called "trespassing." Just crossing the front walk to knock on the door is not generally a crime by itself.

Care to elaborate on the situation?

- Carl

CdwJava

leevan said:
This is a situation where a person is trying to get even with someone at the residence.
Get a restraining order, then any contact would be a crime. Until then, absent threats of harm or damage that break FL law, knocking on the front door is not likely unlawful.

- Carl

leevan

trespass

Is that all I need to do? Go to the police station and file a restraining order? What info would be required other than the obvious? is there a charge?

seniorjudge

Is that all I need to do? Go to the police station and file a restraining order? What info would be required other than the obvious? is there a charge?
You file a restraining order at the courthouse.

But you have to tell them what you are talking about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">