• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

komnivorex

New Brunswick, NJ

I've lived in my apartment for over a year now. Until a few months ago, the people who lived upstairs had no problem with my roommates and I playing guitar or video games. Recently they started banging on the floor and asked us to keep it down after 11pm and we complied. Last week we had about 8 people over and after 11 we turned all the music off. They came down around 10 to tell us to keep it down... ON A FRIDAY NIGHT. Our apartment's quiet hour starts at 11pm. We did keep it down but they called the police and both my roommate and I received noise violation tickets. This weekend, I was playing video games at 2 in the afternoon and after playing and sitting on my computer in silence, I get a cop ringing my doorbell. Is it legally okay for these girls to do that? Especially on a Saturday afternoon?!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What law do you think prohibits it? Do you think that just because it's Friday night they have no rights to quiet? What you think may be "keeping it down" does not necessarily mean they agree.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">