• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harrassment charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Stacy McGowan

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My boyfriend and I got into an argument and he did not want me to leave the house (we lived together) and for fear that something would happen I called the police just so I could move my stuff out of the house. I told the police that I didn't want to press charges but now we both got summon citation for harrassment.

The problem is my boyfriend is on parole so we do not want to plead guilty for fear that he might be in violation of parole and have to go back to jail. I work at a law firm and the lawyer said that we should both plead not guilty and when we get to the hearing plead the fifth amendment. To me this kind of sounds like we are guilty. My major concern is him not going back to jail so I thought if I plead guilty and he doesn't that might be an option. Any suggestions?????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">