• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassment/Stalking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DoTOR80

What is the name of your state? NV

I was filed on June 3rd at approximately 7:45 with a temporary restraining order from an ex. The order prohibited me from contacting him via email, phone, or any other means, as well as “ENTERING THE PREMISE” of his home or work. Prior to the original order being served, I had attempted to contact him via phone and email, despite his requests that I did not; which I understand by law is construed as harassment/stalking. Prior to being served, I believe on the 1st of June, as I was quite over the matter, I had emailed him saying something to the extent of that I was going to be coming into his restaurant in the future, was not quite certain as to when, but I was not going to stop living my life based on his insanity. While this is likely perceived as a threat, it was my attempt to let him know that I had moved on from the issue and as my co-workers often go to his place of work and had been inviting me to accompany me them, but due to not wanting to cause distress on either parties I had been declining, but at that point I was merely just hoping to go on living my life and did not want him to resort to rash manners if he saw me in there which he had threatened to do earlier on. The order stated that it would expire at “11:59 pm on the 16th of June” and I abided by the order for the duration.

I emailed him on Tuesday the 21st, prior to receiving the extension order. Additionally, I had gone to Reno Lowe’s prior to going to pick up some documents from a clients in Reno (pick-up time was to be between 8:30 and 9:00) to purchase some cleaning supplies for my apartment, and having been told by him during our relationship that his father worked at the hot dog stand outside of it, I felt like I ought to apologize to his father for the nuisance that I had been and for any pain or grief that I may have caused him or his family. On Tuesday, the 21st, when I got home from work there was a note on my door from the Sheriff’s department stating that they had court papers for me. I called the pager number and left my contact number. On Wednesday the 22nd, early morning, I scheduled a time to have the papers delivered to my home. I received the papers at approximately 16:30 the 22nd of June.

I have been told my multiple parties that if the court believes I have broken the order they would have came and arrested me immediately, though I am slightly concerned that perhaps he has not checked his email and they will just come and arrest me. If I did not know that he had filed for the extension am I legally liable? I do understand to an extent where he is coming from as I had committed the acts originally, which was primarily becaues at the time I was pregnant with his child, and since then have had a miscarriage. I do not care if the court wishes to grant his extension of an order, although given that I live and my employer has an office that I work out of, and my counselor's office is all within 2 miles of his place of employment, I am not certain what I should legally do? I have contemplated just going to the court case, which is scheduled for the 27th of June, and teling the court this, admitting my guilt and letting them slap it on me, for in all rights I am clearly deserving of it, but do not know if legally that would enable him to then come back and file civil suit against me for causing distress? I feel completely and utterly stupid for doing the things that I did, and know full well that I was committing the act of harrassment and would just like to admit it and pay my "dues" and let it be over with.

Please advise as to what would be the most plausible thing to do to keep my integrity?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">