• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassment/Stalking.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmrg2008

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I have a question regarding my husbands "ex girlfriend".
She continues to come by our house while we are at work leaving notes, cards, letters, etc. Telling him she loves him and shes sorry etc etc. What can I do about this? We have been married 2 yrs and together 3. She started coming back around last year and I personally told her to stay away from my house and my husband. Obviously, shes ignorant as to what shes been told. Help!!

CdwJava

For starters, your husband should seek a restraining order or call the police to report the stalking.

You can try to get a restraining order, but you may lack standing as you do not appear to be the target of her activity.

Has he reported any of this to the police, yet?

- Carl

jmrg2008

I have been told we cannot do anything because we do not have a address for this woman. And, for some reason my "husband" won't take any actions regarding this matter and he wants me to do whatever needs to be done.

Just Blue

I have been told we cannot do anything because we do not have a address for this woman. And, for some reason my "husband" won't take any actions regarding this matter and he wants me to do whatever needs to be done.
The most important thing to be done is to kick your hubby to the curb. If he won't do what it takes to make you feel secure in your own home, get out now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">