• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Has SOL run out?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeffha

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I am being charged with a criminal misdemeanor as an aid in a fish and wildlife violation.
This is a crime my brother commited an occured on August 28th 2004.
I recently received a notice to appear at an arraignment (mine). At the arraignment I was informed that my name was mentioned in a police report. Lots more from here but along with the fact that I was nowhere in the area at the time, I have been told that the oregon SOL on this is 2 years beginning the day after the offense occurs, (8/28/04), and they didn't file the charges against me with the court until 8/29/06. Am I correct in my understanding that this is 2 years and 1 day thereby missing the deadline by 1 day.
August 29 2006 would be day 1 of year #3?

CdwJava

It might have expired ... but it might also depend on how the court looks at it - and when the offense was reported.

You might consider engaging an attorney to clear the matter up.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">