• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

have been accused of stealing wrongfully

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reneetrre

What is the name of your state? ky

I have been accused of stealing from a house I clean and now the cop is on my case saying I did it. I have not been in the home in three months and now the cops are on my ass. I had a state boy tell me he was needing a statement taped if I saw anything in the area. I agreed thinking I could help out. Once I got there the interview turned south. The cop kept telling me different stories. He kept changing the facts kept confusing me. I told him what I knew which was nothing. He now wants me to take a polygraph. Do I need to take one. They are not admissable in court and I feel like the cop was harrassing me. I did nothing wrong and want to clear my name but I feel that I will get confused again like he did in the interview. He threated my kids and everything. I just feel like I am under pressure to do this. For one he lied about asking for my statement on seeing anything in the neighborhood. Two he kept lying to me changing his story. Three this makes no sense when I have not cleaned for this person in months. I thought I did not do my job well enough and now I find out that stuff is missing. BTW stuff has been stolen from them before and this is the not the first time that they have had things missing.

outonbail

You are under no obligation to submit to a polygraph. It would be completely voluntary on your part.

You have more to lose by taking a polygraph than you have to gain. If the police could prove you were the person who stole from this home, they wouldn't be asking you to take a polygraph, they would simply arrest you.

Stop talking to them, they are not your friend.

Contact a local attorney who can represent you if and when there is a case filed against you. Until then, don't talk to the police anymore. If they contact you, tell them they have to arrange interviews through your attorney from now on.

reneetrre

omg

I did not do anything wrong but I see your point. I feel like the cop was trying to get me confused just to wrap up his case. He also wants to search my house. I have nothing to hide is it wrong to tell him no? I don't want to make the cops mad. He acted like I was helping then he was all over my case. When my husband talked to the hubby of the person who filed the police report said they did not think it was me just had to list everyone in the house at the time, and I was there. The husband also said one of the things gone is used everyday and only left alone at night. Okay would someone not notice if some one came in at night? I am so confused and angry.

reneetrre

would they not think

Would they not think I am hiding if I don't allow them access? I don't want anyone to think I am hiding. I have nothing to hide

reneetrre

i don't have the money for a lawyer

The cop just called and told me that the poly was cancelled that he would have to get back into contact with me. Do I need to tell him to fly a kite? Are these just scare tactics trying to get a confession?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">