• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Having sex with a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hangnail

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX If a woman 29 went to bed with a boy 15 to 'break his cherry for him as he wanted her to,' and this happened 34 years ago, and she puts this information in a book she is writing, can she get arrested when the book is published?:confused:

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX If a woman 29 went to bed with a boy 15 to 'break his cherry for him as he wanted her to,' and this happened 34 years ago, and she puts this information in a book she is writing, can she get arrested when the book is published?:confused:

And by "break his cherry for him as he wanted her to" you actually mean "rape", correct?

hangnail

I hear tell that they really liked each other and he wanted to continue the relationship even after he had to move. Rape? I thought that rape was when a person does it with someone when they don't want to, like with what happened to me. But I guess if you go by the way humans word the law, then I guess it was rape. But that was not my question.

CdwJava

I hear tell that they really liked each other and he wanted to continue the relationship even after he had to move. Rape? I thought that rape was when a person does it with someone when they don't want to, like with what happened to me. But I guess if you go by the way humans word the law, then I guess it was rape. But that was not my question.
Who else but humans would word the law???

Technically, it would be unlawful intercourse or "statutory" rape, I suppose.

After 34 years I doubt very much that the state is going to care, and I suspect that the SOL has expired. However, to be safe, the woman should probably check with an attorney to be sure she doesn't have any liability here because there are circumstances that could freeze the SOL.

Proserpina

I hear tell that they really liked each other and he wanted to continue the relationship even after he had to move.

Yes, I'm sure they liked each other.

Rape? I thought that rape was when a person does it with someone when they don't want to, like with what happened to me.

A child cannot legally consent to sex. Whatever happened to you is completely irrelevant.

But I guess if you go by the way humans word the law, then I guess it was rape.

:confused:

Would you prefer the way monkeys word the law?

Llamas?

Ducks?

hangnail

Wow, what a bunch of smart asses on here. I thought that this was a professional site. I know about the rape crap, I was just wondering about what could happen 30 some years later. Maybe I'm asking this for the guy that made love with this woman and he's writing a book and doesn't want to get her in trouble. Geesh. And by the way some of our laws are written, and/or conceived, yeah, perhaps monkeys, llamas or ducks could do a better job.

Last edited:

Proserpina

Wow, what a bunch of smart asses on here. I thought that this was a professional site. I know about the rape crap, I was just wondering about what could happen 30 some years later. Maybe I'm asking this for the guy that made love with this woman and he's writing a book and doesn't want to get her in trouble. Geesh. And by the way some of our laws are written, and/or conceived, yeah, perhaps monkeys, llamas or ducks could have do a better job.

Then maybe the guy wants to register himself and ask his questions :cool:

Assuming like most primates he has opposable thumbs, that is.

(The llama and the duck - and part of me is weeping because you didn't get the reference - do not enjoy the same precious gift)

hangnail

Maybe he was just telling me about his concerns and since I knew of this site, and wanted to do him a favor since he is so busy, what is so wrong with that? A question is a question no matter who or what asks it, and it sounds like a bunch of baboons and asses are responding instead of the professionals that I was lead to believe were on this site. I guess I'll go elsewhere to seek advice since you all don't know much other than being rude.:mad:

Proserpina

Maybe he was just telling me about his concerns and since I knew of this site, and wanted to do him a favor since he is so busy, what is so wrong with that? A question is a question no matter who or what asks it, and it sounds like a bunch of baboons and asses are responding instead of the professionals that I was lead to believe were on this site. I guess I'll go elsewhere to seek advice since you all don't know much other than being rude.:mad:

Actually, there are reasons that most responders prefer to deal with the party involved as opposed (no pun intended) to a third party.

The third party rarely has all of the details, for example.

hangnail

According to the law it's a rape. Can a person be nabbed for this 34 years later? How many more details do you need then that? I could have lied and said that it was me. How different would your answer have been if I had done that? Give me a break.

Isis1

Someone is far too busy to find out if she can be charged for a rape crime? Wow, that is one busy criminal. If it were me, that would be the only thing i would be busy with.

If she isn't concerned, then you shouldn't be concerned. This is why they hire lawyers and editors.

BOR

It is sexual assualt TX Penal Code Chp. 22-011. There is no statute of limitations according to Art 12.01.
The Q is, was that the SOL 34 years ago though?? Very doubtful it was.

Hangnail, what happened to the child? Did they ever report it? Obviously not.

In my state, until the corpus delecti is discovered, the SOL does not begin to run.

If such were the case it may or may not exculpate the offender. It probably will as the alleged victim had enough time under the SOL to report it.

Last edited:
Could it be charged, Yes. Would it be? Very unlikely, how would the state make a case after 34 years has elapsed. No forensics, probably no witnesses. Seems like it would be a waste of time for the state to pursue it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">