• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

He altered his Birth Certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TornInTwo

new york state - i know of a gentleman who had some trouble with the law several years ago. he was heading towards jail due to this trouble. before he was sent he altered his birth certificate - changing his name and his year of birth - and proceeded to get a new driver's license with the new name on it. is this legal? if it is not legal - where do i report him to?

J

james bond

forgery

no it is not legal to alter a bith certificate.I ts called forgery in New York sec170.15 nys penal law. As for reporting him I would think twice because since you knew about it you may be considerd to be an accomplace.I would leave it alone if I were you.

JETX

Though I agree with Bonds statement as to the legality of 'alteration of a government document', I disagree with his 'don't tell' policy.

Contact the local authorities (police, prison, etc.) and let them know that YOU 'just became aware' that this person had altered their documents and what his real name and DOB are. This could even be done using your local 'crime hotline' to conceal your identity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">