• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

He said she said

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Pamela724

What is the name of your state? NJ My daughter and her friend slept over this girl Katelyn house. My daughter and her friend said that Katelyn was lighting a pizza box on fire and then she threw it out the window, and the house got a burnt mark on it. The girls mother called me up and said that her son over heard my daughter and friend ask Katelyn if they can play with fire, and she said she was going to press charges against my daughter and her friend. The cops came that day beacause Katelyn called them because she said her brother punched her in the face and pushed her, my daughter and her friend all saw that. I think they took Katelyn away from her mother. My question is, does this mother have a case against my daughter, and what could be the consquence?

Last edited:

P

Pamela724

My daughter is 14, even if it is civil what kind of case do you think this women has. Can there be any consequences?

bb_wolfe

Ok, if she threw out the box intentionally to start a fire, then she's potentially looking at criminal charges.

The homeowner or their insurance company could also come after you for repair costs.

Let the other mother blow off some steam, then let her file what she wants. A good local attorney will be able to dismiss this in seconds.

P

Pamela724

she cant prove my daughter did it so how can the insurance come after me there were two other girls involved?

bb_wolfe

Like you said... He said, she said. 2 against 1.

Perhaps your family should reprioritize it's associations with less sophisticated individuals.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 Things You Don't Want To Do With Pizza - -

NUMBER 10: Imagine your favorite pizza. Okay, now imagine your favorite pizza on fire!

NUMBER 9: What do you do when the Domino's pizza guy doesn't take your "dime bag" in exchange for the pizza?

NUMBER 8: You order a pizza with toppings such as potato chips and Twinkies.

NUMBER 7: Your pizza toppings look strikingly similar to your girlfriend's crotch.

NUMBER 6: When pizza was late, he set the delivery boy on fire.

NUMBER 5: New Trailer passcode: One knock for hookers, two knocks for pizza.

NUMBER 4: You fire up the livingroom barbecue with shredded pizza boxes.

NUMBER 3: "Uh oh! Uncle Earl's on fire!"

NUMBER 2: You try to post her bail with pizza coupons.

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Thing You Don't Want To Do With Pizza - -

Tell scary ghost stories in the trailer livingroom around a blazing pizza box.

IAAL

Last edited:
P

Pamela724

very true, I was'nt sure about my daughter sleeping there in the first place, I guess now I know to always follow my instincts. I heard from my daughter that Katelyn has also lit her rug on fire on a prior incident. So she must be the one with the problem. I was told after the sleep over. Thank you for your replies.

P

Pfaffing85690

I want my pizza with Anchovie and Jalapenos....Just imagine the line outside my house for a slice :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">