• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

head knocker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stiggy

What is the name of your state? oregon. my wife and i collided heads in our home a couple weeks ago which resulted in her forehead getting cut and bleeding, and immeduiately after the collision an argument began, and within just a couple short minutes the police arrived and i wa arrested for felony assult2. the charges are not yet official as the grand jury doesnt meet for 3 more days. my wife reported at the time of the accident that she was not sure what happened. i told the police i thought we collided head to head. they told me they didnt believe me and to jail i went. since the incident my wife upon reflecting realises that it was an accident,and not an assult. after all i at first thought she may have hit me!!!! any way the question is what weight will she have at the grand jury??? and what to do about childrens services if they want to be suddenly involved???? my 16 month old girl was in the other room when this happened. but my understanding is the police said the child was present, and completely ignore the fact that it was a unfortunate accident.

JETX

"what weight will she have at the grand jury???"
*** Little if any. Laws were revised several years ago to remove the spouse from the prosecution process (as complainant). The reason, just as here, where the spouse realizes that the person who battered or abused is the 'bread winner' and 'really, really loves her' and now doesn't want to see this person prosecuted. Oh, and like the investigating officers, depending on the marks, bumps and cuts on YOUR head, I doubt this version will fly.

"and what to do about childrens services if they want to be suddenly involved????"
*** If CPS does get involved, you have little or nothing that YOU can do. They will investigate and, hopefully, make a decision that is best for the child.

"completely ignore the fact that it was a unfortunate accident."
*** Yeah, right!! Kind of like the person who complained that the assault never occured, the victim just kept repeatedly running into your fist!

cantgetright

omg

you wrote it backwards....

you had an arrgument and then ''bumped heads''.Might I add you must of bumped heads pretty hard to think the police would believe you.

Enroll in an angermanagment program a.s.a.p,it looks better when you go to see the judge.Be glad you don't live in ca. were your garaunteed 52 weeks of classes.It's a year but they must think it doesn't sound as bad when the call it 52 weeks.I don't know.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">