• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Heirloom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

admtblair

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

During a small Birthday party, a friend of my sisters broke a marble table top handed down by my great grandmother. He promised to replace the table and took the pieces with him that night. I messaged him on facebook to give the pieces back, where he then admitted on an active post that he threw the pieces out of his truck and broke it into tiny pieces and I would never see it again. The post is still active and on his page with others saying they remember that night he broke the table. Is there anything I can do to get him to replace this heirloom?

OHRoadwarrior

You have not indicated the cause of the table breaking. Your family hierloom, absent a written appraisal, is just an old table, long since depreciated to nothing but sentimental value.

admtblair

This guy was moving the table out from the center of our living room so he could dance with a girl. My sister nor I ever gave him permission to do this during the party.

OHRoadwarrior

Absent a prior appraisal you likely have little recourse. I suggest you contact a counter top store and attempt to buy a remnant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">